Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
I go out there all the time in my 14'5" & haven't had a problem yet. I mainly fish the mid river so I don't have those bigger waves you can get on the north end when the winds are out of the E/NE.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
are there any dnr launches near there. I have a dnr pass and don't like to pay to go to any other launches. If not then where is the closest and cheapest place to launch down there?

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Aug 20 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>are there any dnr launches near there. I have a dnr pass and don't like to pay to go to any other launches. If not then where is the closest and cheapest place to launch down there?

no dnr launches but the launch i go to is only 5 bucks

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(72larson @ Aug 20 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>alter is $5 i live at 9 annd 94 and can be at the launch in 15min...its on the upper so u can do the lower lake or go down town

i heard the area was bad to leave you truck in while your fishing

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Aug 20 2009, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(72larson @ Aug 20 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>alter is $5 i live at 9 annd 94 and can be at the launch in 15min...its on the upper so u can do the lower lake or go down town

just take everything out of the truck and keep the windows down....they should just walk right by?

·
Registered
284 Posts
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Aug 20 2009, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(72larson @ Aug 20 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>alter is $5 i live at 9 annd 94 and can be at the launch in 15min...its on the upper so u can do the lower lake or go down town

i see on average 10-15 cops and border patrol cars a night its safer than scs down there

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I don't stay out after dark anyways. I like to be in and out of the water while it is still daytime as I am still new to this boating thing and want to see where I am going and what I am not going to hit. Thank you very much for the response. I would like to give the river a try sometime. As I am starting to find a few spots in the lake. So I figure might as well learn some new river spots. At least then next year I will have a few spots.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts

The best thing to do is give your junk fish away to the anglers on the wall in the park. There is a drop box with a mail box on the front. Make sure you pay your dues.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(72larson @ Aug 20 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>night time is the right time to fish the river....what EVER u do dont cross peche island on the lake side if the island if u doo make sure your out by the big range light if u do or you will most liky loose your prop

Larson couldn't be more correct. You MUST move off the tip of Peche and go around it using the lake, if you do want to cross sides. The tip of Peche has a large, shallow flat that will have you in 2fow in NO-TIME. Best thing to do is investigate this area during the day with good sunlight so you can see a safe route to use, whever.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.