Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumor has it that they are really short Co anglers for the BASS Open...300 bucks for at least 2 days of fishing, a pretty good payout and a chance to win a boat isn't half bad....

Get signed up and give some of these boaters a chance to fish.....

Go to bassmaster.com for more info.....

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(CaptDoug @ Dec 21 2009, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The BFL that same weekend might be keeping some of those co-angler numbers down.

Doug the BFLs dates got changed...I don't think there are any BFLs the same weekend as the BASS OPEN....

There was an overlapping LSC BFL date..But they changed it to another Detroit river BFL on the 28th of August the week after the BASS open on the 19,20,21....

·
LSCN Sponsor since 12/07
2,539 Posts
QUOTE(motocross269 @ Dec 21 2009, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(CaptDoug @ Dec 21 2009, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The BFL that same weekend might be keeping some of those co-angler numbers down.

Doug the BFLs dates got changed...I don't think there are any BFLs the same weekend as the BASS OPEN....

There was an overlapping LSC BFL date..But they changed it to another Detroit river BFL on the 28th of August the week after the BASS open on the 19,20,21....

That's what I get for posting right after waking up.

Thanks for the reminder/clarification Brian.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
QUOTE(big pappa5555 @ Dec 21 2009, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i was thinking on going as a boater but might rethink it. not happy about the 3 fish limit though.

I am not really happy about that either but everyone will be in the same boat....It will definetly make the weights tighter...I don't understand what they are gaining by going to a 3 fish limit...It isn't like it is no cull and you have to put your Rod down after 3 fish...I believe it was to help the boaters advantage but I don't get how it will....I don't see anyone setting their rods down until they have 3 heavies....

One advantage I could see of a 3 fish limit...If you have a bad day one of the first 2 days for whatever reason and only put a couple of fish in the boat you are not Completely out of it....

·
Registered
75 Posts
The other way to look at it from a pro's standpoint, if the pro has a good limit, and his co only has 2 or 3, it makes it easier to leave the spot and save fish for the next day without handicapping the co.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(BryanP @ Dec 22 2009, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The other way to look at it from a pro's standpoint, if the pro has a good limit, and his co only has 2 or 3, it makes it easier to leave the spot and save fish for the next day without handicapping the co.

Good point Bryan, I never thought of that....

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
QUOTE(boatnfish @ Dec 26 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(motocross269 @ Dec 19 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Get signed up and give some of these boaters a chance to fish.....

It is being implied this is just a donation to the boaters?

UHHHH NO!!!.....It's not being implied that it is a donation to the boaters..(If it is that isn't the point I was trying to make)...It is a way to fish what should be a great tournament with a pretty darn good payout..By getting more Cos out to fish it will help the boaters out but it will also help the payback for Cos and motivate BASS to bring the open series back to Michigan if we show them a good turn out....

They have to have an even number of Co Anglers to boaters for the Boaters to get confirmed and be able to fish as a pro in their own boat....They can pair Boaters with boaters but that could be a disadvantage to the boaters.....(I am sure that you know that though, but for anyone reading this that might not know)

The Boaters payback is 100 percent back to them...I haven't really checked the exact number for Cos but with a 35 thousand dollar boat for first place and 5 grand for second on down I would say the payout is pretty good.....

So no donations here, just a way that maybe we can give some of these Michigan Big stick guys an opportunity to fish a Big time tournament in Michigan and have a good time and maybe make some money ourselves.....

I saw on another site that they still are Co angler short......So the opportunity is still there...

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE(motocross269 @ Dec 19 2009, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Rumor has it that they are really short Co anglers for the BASS Open...300 bucks for at least 2 days of fishing, a pretty good payout and a chance to win a boat isn't half bad....

i went to bassmaster.com and couldnt find it i dont know if im looking in the wrong spot or what but i would really like to try being a co.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(t-storm @ Dec 28 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(motocross269 @ Dec 19 2009, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Rumor has it that they are really short Co anglers for the BASS Open...300 bucks for at least 2 days of fishing, a pretty good payout and a chance to win a boat isn't half bad....

i went to bassmaster.com and couldnt find it i dont know if im looking in the wrong spot or what but i would really like to try being a co.

Trev, you definately asked in the right place. These people know their stuff, and there are some top notch pro's from all arena's here. Keep asking questions and you will learn alot.

801 Posts
did you call 877-227-7872 ?

their customer service is no where near what FLW's is....good luck with that.
It took me 7 calls and a week before I could get to the right person to get them to fix me back to the boater side after they confimed me as a co, I never recieved an appoligy of any sort....kinda like talking to a machine...on a bad day...with water damge.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts