Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really lit 'em up today. 49 walleye and 6 smallmouth. Mostly by the Salt Mine in 20-26 ft. No shiner, just a jig and plastic. The season may have been a little slow to start, but the eye's are making up for it now.....Get out there....DRP www.lakestclairfishing.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
where is the salt mine? is it canadian or usa side? just wondering as me and my dad were hoping to give it a try tomorrow and looking for places to start

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yo DRP, looks like you had another good day in the Salt Mines. We got 20 there and lost another 10 or so in about 2 hrs. Action was hot. This N wind will really screw up that spot. May be a few days before we can fish it again.

Later,

Mike (aka Slimshady)

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Slim,
Sounds to me like you found a bunch that just happened to be yawning as your jig went by and the current swept it in.
That's what everyone on here has been saying anyways.........DRP

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Millertime,
The Salt Mine is on the Canadian shoreline slightly North of the northern tip of Fighting Island.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was in by 12:30 but had 23 today (Sunday). Just a tad bit raw out there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
where did you pick up those 23 today? It was terrible fishing for us today. Fished up by grosse ile and ambassadeur bridge and no one was into fish.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Caught em' all by Mud Island in 16-20 ft.

·
Registered
94 Posts
DRP,

I think you are right. I certainly couldn't catch them at Mud the other day. Went 1 for 10 the first couple hours. That was with Sticker jigs. I even tried a stinger. Never had that happen before. They were hitting it hard, but they were not there when I set the hook. For whatever reason, I was not having as much trouble at the Salt Mines. I must have had 30-35 hits for the day, and caught 12 fish. Pretty bad ratio.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts