Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to report a great day out on the river with ace charter guide, Jon Bondy. My nephews were visiting from out of state, and I wanted to turn them on to some real Detroit River walleye action. Jon didn't disappoint!

We were pulling in beautiful fish within minutes of launch, and brought home a mess of walleye that any angler would be proud of. Several of the fish were real hogs, and all were worth bragging about. Of course we threw back plenty, and I'd guess our catch for the day was around 36 good walleye, and another twenty bass, perch, and sheephead. I think we had a five minute stretch once when we didn't catch a fish, and we thought it was really dead!

As Jon has reported here before, the hot spot was on the north end of Fighting Island, just below the yellow buoy. Half ounce jigs and little brown plastic worms. Great production, even on a windy day, with a bit of rain early on. Oh, and he has one heck of a nice new boat, too.

I'm a small business man myself, and I know that happy customers are the best way to get the word out. Jon is a first class guide, and he delivers a first class fishing experience. If you're looking for a good day on the water, check out his website: <http://www.lakestclairfishing.com>. Thanks for a great day, Jon!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Jeff,
Thanks for the compliments....people are going to think you were paid off!!
Thanks again, DRP

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Unless someone knows you're on the low starving fisherman budget...then they'll just figure jefffff (how many f's are there anyway?) is a close family relative.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
You De'MAN Bondo!!!!...Sounds like that trip was fffffff'n SWEEEET!!!..LOL

Good job,..."no pimp like a river pimp!".. hahha

Seeya soon,
Mac

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Went back out today and they ate it good. We had about 40 walleye. I would say that 15-17 of them were too small to keep. I sure earned my money trying to hold that boat in the white caps. Days like today are why I bought a 109lb 36 volt with a long shaft and big water gator mount. Thanks to the North wind, Thursday is shot....too much mud. DRP

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Just looking out my window here, and the US side of the river is a lot cleaner than I thought it would be. Tommorow should be good....

·
Registered
97 Posts
John does that mean your are going to prefish for your tournament on the bay ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts