Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The annual spring walleye run has started! For more info on how you can get into the action, check out www.lakestclairfishing.com

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Have you been catching them or are you a charter service? The website looks like it's a charter service. I thought you were reporting hot fishing tips....my misunderstanding.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a charter service. But I will tell you a bit. 16-20 ft of water by the steel plant. Good fish are starting to move up and are hitting jig and minnows quite well. For best results use 6 or 8 lb test, and a good jig with a very sharp hook. Try the 'sticker jig' from walleye stopper. Does that help?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
What's with the DRP and the low profile???? You should put some info on your profile so you don't look like your trying to be so sneaky. It's bad enough that you're from the wrong side of the river, ay...

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mr.Kimmel,
No sneaky fisherman here. Just poking around on this here internet. Caught 8 good walleye today and lost about that many until I put a stinger hook on. Most were full of eggs and about 5-6 lbs. Didn't keep any.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Alrighty then. Must be you have more than cheez whiz and crackers in the house right now or you'da kept one of those walleyes for dinner. My friend Larry is threatening to force me over there in a week or two to catch a walleye dinner (which would mean I only have to eat fish two more times this year to reach my annual quota and the crappies should be in the secret lake soon).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go to www.wbramp.com for the latest fishing reports--honest and up to date....
Walleye are just beginning to turn on!!! Wyandotte Boat Ramp area is the hot spot!!!! Mudd and Grassy Islands and of course tthe warm water discharge at the mill...

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
DRP has been revealed and he is the practical jokester and All Star Pro Staffer, Jon Bondy. You are gonna pay my Canadian brother.......

Mini

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DRP here. Just in from a glorious spring day on the mighty Detroit River. Not too many folks out there today as it was windy and rainy and COLD. My customers were hardcore though! 4 of us caught 24 walleye on the western side of fighting island in 25-30 ft. on walleye stopper jigs and minnow. Spent about 6 hours fishing. Soaked to the bone....
www.lakestclairfishing.com

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DRP here again. Was out again today. No rain, but a bit of sleet, and COLDER. Too much wind. Only caught six today between the two of us. 19 ft by Wyandotte. Only fished about 5 hours.
www.lakestclairfishing.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts