Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Discussion starter · #43 ·
My phone is dead. For those of you who don't know. I accidently went swimming in the pool at Jack's with my cell phone in my pocket.

It's dead

I have ATT sending me another one tomorrow. Then I'll be back in buisness.

Alright alright, enough with the lovey-dovey BS! Tell the truth, Convincor...

The current was WAY too swift to swim in (that pic was camera trickery). Also, there were 448,289 other idiots, who NEVER set foot on a boat before that night, out there trying to pilot them in between your anchor lines (snapping each one, as if their boats were mobile scissors). Then the Coast Guard hasselled you so bad and gave you tickets for stupid, minor infractions. Shortly thereafter your anchor didn't hold in the solid granite beneath you and you drifted 6 miles downriver to Zug Island where US Steel spilled 294,000 gallons of untreated wastewater right over top of your guests.

All this was right before the idiots leaving the scene, without lights, went screaming by you, dusting you in their wake, while you and your party-hearty crew of all single males exposed you genitals until you passed out in a drunken stupor.

C'mon, tell the truth. That's the way we've heard it was. At least that's how some peeps and even my own parents always heard it was. Definitely NOT a place to take children, they'd say. You'll get swept away by the current or run over by nutz on boats they've never left the dock with, or shot at from angry mobs on Belle Isle, whose view you're blocking.

Mama Mia.

Great pics, buddy. There was no way we could have done it this year, but I'm thinking we're gonna be VERY game for next year, bro!

Pyrate Jim, JetSki, JabberJawz, Sunbums, Jason R, Labdog, and many other peeps... Count us in for next year!

what a great set of pics! wow!! looks like a blast,and those pics of the fireworks were VERY cool!

what a great, fun looking group! wahoooooo!!!!

bill-the curls=i had no idea who it was at first! lol!

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Campari,

WOW, I have heard those same stories. That's why i was pointing out the VERY CALM WATER!

HA HA! I love boaters who will take a chance on something so minor as takeing their boat to Detroit. I cannot believe all the horror stories you hear about something so fun.

Was a great time. I am gonna save these pics for next year as a reminder to all of the greatness!

CK,

Thanks babe!

I had heard the same stories and being this was our first time going south of Beacon Cove we were nervous as heck. Turns out is was great and no problems.
We stopped and towed a disabled boat out of the channal and over to LakeShore Marina in Windsor (we never touched ground though, or the dock). The current wasnt too strong, as I swam between boats, with a bad shoulder, and had a great time. It wasnt that crowded and the boats that where moving around to anchor were putsing along and giving plenty of room to those already anchored. We tried setting our bow anchor 3 times and it never grabbed, threw in a smaller stern anchor by hand and it grabbed and held us all night. We left about 30mins after the fireworks and with the exception of one boat who's running lights grew dimmer by the minute and were out by the time they hit the lake, we had a smooth and uneventfull first "late" night ride back to the marina.
All I can say is CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR!!!

Now for our next challenge, rafting.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.