Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know...I know...strange topic! But, we were sitting at our fire Saturday night at Metro and we kept looking up wondering where the million of fish flies had went to when we saw two orange balls with tails flying perfectly next to each other through the sky. They were headed in a Northern direction and never really fell, but kept flying at a steady altitude until they got so far we couldn't see them any more.....

I know it wasn't what we were burning in the fire pit cuz other people came up and asked if we saw it, too.

Oh, and the shots of Stollies came after

Anybody else out there see them???

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
This is called a neuralyzer. It's a gift from some friends from out of town. This red eye, here, will isolate the electronic impulses in your brain, more specifically the ones for memory.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jun 28 2004, 11:08 AM)This is called a neuralyzer. It's a gift from some friends from out of town. This red eye, here, will isolate the electronic impulses in your brain, more specifically the ones for memory.
How funny.....
I needed a good laugh after lunch. hahahaha

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
K! How many times have you flashy-thinged me?!

acutally I know where the fish flies went friday night. They covered my buddy's boat when we got back from Jobbie and we took 'em to the west with us. YUCK!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, I saw them standing in my driveway, (sassy sub.)
i thought thats the strangest , probably never see that
again. nor would I get anyone to believe.

·
Registered
154 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Jun 28 2004, 10:53 AM)we were sitting at our fire Saturday night at Metro
Wow, you can have a fire at Metro? Were can you do this? What are the rules and details regarding this? Thanks.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
From the NASA website: NASA reports that the closest comet approach will be on June 26, 2004, by Comet 1998 SF36, at .0137 or about five times the distance of earth to moon (e=m). One of the facts known about comets is that they tend to divide or fragment and some debris might hit the Earth.

Searching for actual reports . . .

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
I want some of what ever you guy's were on !
No those were just a couple of ultra lights that were buzziing jobbie nooner earlier, the glow was coming from their sunburns.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
FOUND IT!!

RUSSIAN FIREBALLS: Sky watchers in eastern parts of North America saw an impressive display of meteor-like objects around 10:52 p.m. EDT on June 26th. These were fragments of a Russian rocket motor breaking apart in Earth's atmosphere. The pieces were bright, slow-moving, with "incandescent sparking tails," according to some observers. Kevin Martin snapped this picture of two fireballs over Ontario, Canada. "Truly neat!" says Martin.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Goodness gracious

·
Registered
713 Posts
We totally saw it-
we were sitting on the back of the boat listening to some great music and I thought I was drinking to much because I saw these stars moving in the sky then Scott saw it we thought we were crazy but yeah it was pretty cool

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you, Steve!!! So glad to know what I was seeing now. I knew it was man-made. Just glad it didn't fall on any of our boats

Had the fire in a junior portable fire pit, similar to this one, but with 4 collapsible legs.

Puff, you are a hoot......Now I'm picturing Dennis Quad singing that from the movie...

Tpaige,
You stoners!!

Anyway.....mystery solved and I wasn't that wasted, least til we did those shots
And may I add, "Don't throw Dixie cups into the fire that have had Stollies in them!" Talk about a flame starter

·
Registered
380 Posts
I saw it... pretty amazing looking.

I thought the world was going to end though... like Armageddon....

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Darn it - I missed it

I went to brown's Saturday night - took a few pictures of the moon in the parking lot.

It was later in the evening when I was out there snapping a few shots.

·
Registered
44 Posts
we saw it from beacon cove,we took the kids out to the end to watch fireworks from around the shore and got to watch the whole thing go across the sky. My six year old daughter counted to sixty before it burned out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts