Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone see (or know of) the approximately 38' wood offshore anchored way out by itself on the north side of Gull at Jobbie Nooner? One guy told me it was about a 4 year old replica, made in Fair Haven by Mayea Boat Works. Another guy told me it was an original older boat. The body style was similar to an older Scarab. Can't remember the name on the boat, it might have been a Mays Craft. What a beauty it is!

·
LSCN Sponsor
142 Posts
QUOTE(Jazzy405 @ Jun 25 2007, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did anyone see (or know of) the approximately 38' wood offshore anchored way out by itself on the north side of Gull at Jobbie Nooner? One guy told me it was about a 4 year old replica, made in Fair Haven by Mayea Boat Works. Another guy told me it was an original older boat. The body style was similar to an older Scarab. Can't remember the name on the boat, it might have been a Mays Craft. What a beauty it is!

Did not see it, but I saw many great looking antique boats at the Antique Boat show at Algonac Harbour Club. The even had Gar Wood's Miss America X at the show with 4 - V12 Packard Engines.
http://info.detnews.com/history/story/inde...category=sports . It was a great show!! Got alot of great pics.

·
Registered
212 Posts
There is a wooden offshore 30'+ at Emerald City harbor, just east of Len's Gas dock. The boat is named Temptation, I think. I am not sure of the origin but it sure looks like beauty! I always see it when I fell up and on my way out to the lake.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
QUOTE(Jazzy405 @ Jun 25 2007, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>One guy told me it was about a 4 year old replica, made in Fair Haven by Mayea Boat Works.
if its the one im thinking of, thats where it was built. they put out some kick a$$ boats in there

·
Registered
1 Posts
yes, i have seen it. Down at the Roostertail in downtown Detroit. The boat is a 2007 custom, hand made, Mahagany Boat, made by May's Craft, though i have not been able to find it anywhere on the internet. The boat cost 3 mil to have built and took three years. It has two hand assembled, custom, 850 horse engines, cant remember the name though. The boat is kept at the Gregory Boat marina. Absolutely a jewl. Amazing.

Water Sky Boat Vehicle Watercraft

Water Boat Vehicle Sky Watercraft

Water Boat Watercraft Naval architecture Vehicle

Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Car Automotive lighting

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

Water Vehicle Boat Tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The name on the back is Temptation, that's the same boat DocThee (2nd post) saw. I THINK thats the one I saw at JN, my memory is a little fuzzy from that day. Mayea's Boat Works in Fair Haven builds Mays Crafts, but that boat is not in the photo album on their website. It sure IS gorgeous!! I hope to see it again! Thanks Smokey!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
That is an amazing looking boat!

Soundwaves did the audio in it. Check out the detail on this speaker cover! I think this is the one that had a table that mechanically folded out. I'll have to see if I can find the video of that.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I talked to someone that is very familiar with mays-crafts (they have three of them) and I don't remember the exact length, but that boat is over 40' feet long and has big Italian Diesels with two speed transmissions. They had some problems with the trolling gear and at first and that boat idled at 15mph. It is supposed to be a pretty quick boat as well as beautiful.

·
Registered
702 Posts
From what I hear the price tag goes with the looks. The boats start at over $1million. They ask for the money up front as well!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Sep 19 2007, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My dream boat is this one:

http://www.vandamwoodcraft.com/

click on Jacqueline

some day.....

Uhmmm, No Jaqueline to click on...

I've admired Van Dam boats for a while now, especially the way that the use epoxy resin to encapsulate the wood--the hulls are dry, not soaked with water to seal them up. A few years ago, I stop by their shop and was amazed at their operation.

For me, the Alpha Z caught my attention. 800hp custom Eichert mill, Arneson surface drive = a 6500lb boat that will do 100mph+

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
9,469 Posts

·
Registered
9,469 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Earlier this summer I brought a restored 1920 Chris to the Algonac Show (wonderful show!)

After the weekend we went to Mayea and talked to Larry Mayea

This boat is Temptation $3,000,000+ build

The engines are One of a kind 850 hp specially made for this boat SeaTek engines from Italy. At $150,000 each, There are only three of them Two in the boat and one extra ($150,000 worth of just in case)

Larry and Bob when to Italy and picked out the ostrich leather and matching marble for this boat all the hardware is custom as well as the boat design itself.

When I was there it hadn't been delivered to the customer yet it was on stands ready to go, they were going to bring it back to Italy for the first showing.

This boat is amazing!!! Huge!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.