Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I ask a stupid question about a location near the dumping grounds for launching my boat? I have a 14" rowboat and launching from Metro is a long haul to the grounds.
Does anybody know of a location near the dumping grounds for launching?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I hope not. I'm would also like to know if there is somewhere else to launch. There is a launch in St. Clair Shores, but you need to be a resident to use it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darn! The most I will risk is a 2 mile ride one-way, (hopefully less) from a launch... Never can tell what will whip-up on the lake. Good ol, MI!

·
Registered
12 Posts
With that 14 foot row boat... make sure the winds are westerly and calm; and if your using oars, you might want to consider an inland lake.

·
Registered
88 Posts
There is a launch at the foot of Alter road. It borders Detroit and one of the Gross Points. It's deep enough for smaller boats, and will put you close to the dumps. Rob

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sorry, There is no launch that is close to the dumps. The closest would be at 9 mile and that can only be used if you are a st.clair shores resident. the dumps are still 4-5 miles from there.

·
Registered
927 Posts
buy my boat, she'll get ya to the grounds no problem.

16' ft fisher pro avenger. deep v aluminum with 40 hp merc. its not up for sale, but i kinda want to unload it to buy a bigger one.

and please dont try to make it out the dumping grounds in a row boat. i dont want to hear anymore bad news involving lake st clair.

be safe, buy my boat

madman himself

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info.!
Sorry, but I'm not in the market for a new boat.
So, I guess its' Gino's, the base or Metro for me.
See u out there!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was in St. Clair Shores a few days ago and checked to see if the launch at 9 mile was still in operation. It is not. Baricaded & fenced with plenty of construction machinery around. I talked with a person who worked at a restrurant nearby and was told its been closed all season. SCS is sorely lacking public launching facilities.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts