Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a Sunday drive today (1-18-04) and noticed that Sundog Marina has a new sign out front. It say's, "Bayliner On St. Clair Boat Sales". Then below that in smaller print it say's, " Sundog Marine".

Did Sundog take a back seat to the dealership?
Sounds like another dealer that won't be selling high performance boats anymore. Can't blame it on the dealers though. The cost of high performance boats are so through the roof, it's unbelievable.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
man dealers sure change a lot on what they sell metro boat sales used to be bayliner now there rinker.. place on jefferson used to sell four winns they switched..

lake fenton for a while was regal now there something else too.

·
12,052 Posts
Actually the cost of ALL boats is so through the roof.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not sure of the truth of this, but I heard that much like Huron Pointe did several years ago, Sundog had their Wellcraft Franchise pulled by the manufacturer. If anyone knows who picked up the franchise, please pass that info along.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
2 years ago Formula pulled their franchise out, too. I had a VERY bad experience with Sundog, w/my Formula, and don't feel bad at all about their doors closing.

As for Wellcraft, I read that they are out of the performance boat market, and are concentrating on fishing boats, Center Console perf boats, etc...that may be why you don't see Wellcraft there anymore.

Check it out, it was a suprise to me, too.

Wellcraft.com

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(damn yankee @ Jan 19 2004, 04:22 PM)As for Wellcraft, I read that they are out of the performance boat market, and are concentrating on fishing boats, Center Console perf boats, etc...that may be why you don't see Wellcraft there anymore.

Check it out, it was a suprise to me, too.

Wellcraft.com
Genmar probably had too many of there brand names making the same style of boats. I bet that they are trying to make the lines more distinct.

Just my WAG.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Last year Wellcraft dropped the express cruiser line they had. Actually, it changed names to Martinique. The website for Wellcraft still shows 2 40+ cruisers though and no mention of Martinique. I havent looked lately to see what the Martinique site has.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I believe Sundog is no longer selling boats. Mark the owner, sold property on both sides of the road to build residential homes/condos. I also believe there are some zoning issues that need to be settled before breaking ground. I think only boats are being stored on the property right now until everything is settled.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I had some work done there last year. About a month ago i recieved a letter in the mail that said a new manager took over and was looking forward to a sucessful 2004 and encuraged me to continue to use them for any needs, etc. I need to replace the starboard strut bearing and am planning on getting a quote from them and Blatz marine also. I'll let you kow what I find out as spring gets closer.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have my boat there this winter. I was told this fall that the facility was sold for condo's, but it would still be open for 5 years. Then they picked up the Bayliner dealership and they have a new manager (actually, they have new owners as well). I'm not sure what the future will be? I hope they stay, I use to keep my boat at Beacon Cove for the winter, but got tired of the filth. Sundog is very nice being on black top. Actualy, it's a great summer dockage location as well (what a great view of the Clinton River activity).

·
Registered
51 Posts
fyi - victory yacht sales, located in my marina, has now picked up sunsation as there s.e .mich dealer. we are currently building a show room and office space. we'll keep preformance boating on the river

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Awesome!!!! I've really come to love Sunsation for a number of reasons. Glad to hear that they have a local dealer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts