·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a digital camera
1.easy to use
2. takes good pictures
3. $250 $300 range

Best way to find out is from people that have them.
I have a old Sony from 6 years ago ( floppy disk)
I went on DPreview.com just way to much info...

If you can help I THANK YOU !!!!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just bought a Canon A75. Seemed to be the best for the $$. At least that's what all the reviews I read said. A big plus is that it will take standard AA batteries.

Got it @
http://electricsam.com/shop/SearchResults.aspx?kwd=A75

That was the cheapest I found it for. I did a lot of shopping and found that their prices are about the best your going to find for camera's, but don't buy any accessories/kits from them. Those are $$$. You can get memory, lenses & batteries etc.. a lot cheaper else where. The A75 sells for about $250 at the local stores. Also unless your going to make a lot of 8 x 10's you wont need more then a 3 mg camera. So save the $$. Good luck.

Good luck.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(MisterD @ Jul 14 2004, 11:08 AM)Just bought a Canon A75. Seemed to be the best for the $$. At least that's what all the reviews I read said. A big plus is that it will take standard AA batteries.

Got it @
http://electricsam.com/shop/SearchResults.aspx?kwd=A75

That was the cheapest I found it for. I did a lot of shopping and found that their prices are about the best your going to find for camera's, but don't buy any accessories/kits from them. Those are $$$. You can get memory, lenses & batteries etc.. a lot cheaper else where. The A75 sells for about $250 at the local stores. Also unless your going to make a lot of 8 x 10's you wont need more then a 3 mg camera. So save the $$. Good luck.

Good luck.
Mister D just had 2 people from work suggest
your choice and the 80 which is $50 more. Went
to Best Buy at lunch and all they want to sell
is the Sony P-100 and Kodak DX 7440. I dont
trust those guys would not even show me a Cannon.
But from what you suggested and what the people
at my work, what I have read on the Cannon
it seems you where right. Thanks again !!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Canon and Kodak both make excellent cameras. The kodaks me be a bit easier to use with there camera dock, but you have to but costly extra accesories for that. Canon has there very popular elph series which are durable, take good pictures, and are small enough to fit in a pocket. My experience with any sony product is they are really flashy with a lot of features you will never use, over priced, and with their cameras, lack picture quality compared to others.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(The Big Red Bus Driver @ Jul 14 2004, 02:50 PM)Check out best buy dot com here http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...1&type=category

My camera is a Kodak DX6490

This is one of my favorites from last night.
I was thinking of buying the Kodak just because
it is so easy to use( the wife) and it gets great review
but on cnet.com and DPreview.com it seems like the
cannon is just a little better . Who knows?
Thanks for your advice !!The Kodak DX 7440 looks
nice also...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Oh, by the way There is no competition between the Canon and Kodak. Canon is by far preferred by the pros over Kodak. I bought a S400 digital ELPH. It's literally the size of a pack of cigarettes which make it perfect for carrying easily in a pocket and it takes very nice snapshots. Good. Luck

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I absolutely love my Optio-S...it's smaller than a credit card and takes 3.2 Mega pixel pics...
I'm not sure if they make it anymore...but it's a great camera without the luggage that you have to carry around with the other cams...plus the battery last forever...i've only charged it three times since i got it...and have taken hundreds of pics with it!

Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts