Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i HAD a cannon 220 elph (or similar). loved it, but it was QUITE expensive. i dont' think i can afford another one. i thought about going to a pawn shop for a new one, but am leary.

i need one that comes with the download cables (to the computer), will take pics faster, and has good clarity/quality shots. i would LIKE one that hooks up to its own portable printer.

that being said... any suggestions? tyia.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
You can pick up a nice camera for $200-$300 these days. Even $150 will get you something ok.
I stay away from Sonys because of the Memory Sticks.

look at bensbargains.net and scroll through there for some deals on cameras. Often there are links to reviews on the cameras too.

Not sure which ones support direct printing, its something I've never looked into.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(waxonwaxoff @ May 17 2004, 08:47 PM)whatever you get, make sure it has a Lo-Jack on it!

YEAH, NO KIDDING! LOL

thanks, spacelord. when i read your name, i think of that song and go 'space lord, mutha.....'

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Haha, Thats where I got the name Spacelord from.. The Monster Magnet song.

anyways, I too have a Canon camera, a G3 to be exact. Everyone in my family has a Canon, and many of my friends do too. I had a Kodak 1.4 MegaPixel for 4 years or so before the G3 and was pleased with that too.

fyi, Canon A70, $218 at Amazon.

review here: Canon A70 review

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
that's an awesome review!

i'm not sure where i saw the reviews from way back when, but the reviews were from camera owners as well as, i believe, pc world magazine.

i really like it!

ck, if you can afford to spend more, you may want the A80. it's very, very nice!

don't forget to buy an extra memory card and recharable batteries!

G

·
Another vote for the A70. I got one because it's a point and shoot and also gives you manual control. Plus it's fairly compact and uses AA batteries. You can get rechargeables, and I like the fact that you can get batteries for it anywhere in a pinch, unlike others that take a funky size battery. The camera had a bad fall at browns last year that kind of killed it and in no way should have been covered under warranty, but Canon customer service was great and fixed it for free.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Canon Powershot S400. Great camera, very small, excellent quality (4.0 Mega Pixels), and wide range of accessories, it even has an underwater case. I got mine from B&H Photo online and had very good luck. There have great prices and customer service as well. I trashed my camera in Mexico at a foam party
a week after I got it and they replaced with a brand new camera free of charge. You can't beat that.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have found, that, for the money, Olympus makes the best camera. THe lens is usually made of Nikor glass and the megapixel's are rated higher for cameras with equal features.

I have a Canon D60 (2500.00) If you're looking for a camera that can print 11x17's razor sharp. It's 6.5 megapixles.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
I have an Olympus C700.. Now they have a C-750 Ultra Zoom. With a 10x zoom,, It's a very nice camera. Light weight and small. The only thing that I would do differently with the camera is to purchase a larger memory card like a 256 memory. Also, you can order a underwater case for the camera which is way cool. Pictures under water ...The only thing that I would also check out on the camera is when it is sitting for awhile is how fast it turns on to take a picture... Check that out at the store. It cost somewhere around $360.00.

Oh, sorry, I grabbed the wrong picture to post. That camera is the C740..

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dang, mia! that is one CLEAR freaking photo! wow!

i'm on my way to jacks to check on setting up progress for today's party, then to best buy to scope out cameras! i have written down all these product #'s, and let's see what i end up with!

THANK YOU ALL so vedy vedy much!
whheeeeeeeee!

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
My previous camer took AA batteries and I thought that was the greatest, because I could always carry a spare set and I was always good to go...but the battery in my G3 lasts forever! I can usually take at least 400 pictures before needing a recharge.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Miaphoto, I got lucky, I hesitated on buying the D60 and a couple months later I picked up a Canon 10D, awesome camera and $1500. Way better focusing in low light. Have me help you with your photo shoot and I will bring it along for you to use.

I have a pocket Canon S45 and I am pretty impressed with that camera plus it takes movies.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts