Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We found a small hold in our dinghy. Leaks pretty fast. Its just below the "rub rail" and is a little more than a 1/4 inch long. Looks like it rubbed against someting while in storage. Its not so much a puncture hole as it is a small abrasion or cut.

Is this something than can be safely and properly repaired in the garage by someone who has noever done this before, or is it better just to take it someone that has done this before and knows what they are doing, and write a check? If the latter, does anyone come to mind?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Aug 19 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A hole in your Dinghy, Jim?
Be careful of what you rub it on

I hope there's a hole in his dinghy

Mike's Inflatable, associated with Mike's Marine in St. Clair Shores down past Jack's

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had a BIG tear in my Achilles and took it to Mike's. Bruce did a wonderful repair job. For a small leak, I would try the repair myself. Maybe go to Mike's for supplies and get some advice?
Good luck!
Joyce

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. I am gong to try the repair myself first. Going to hit Mike's this weekend for the kit and suggestions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.