Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

discrimination

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  stevie1 
#1 ·
I guess that most of you are aware that in Michigan we, (the bass tournaments) are forced to file for permits to use conduct a tounament. Well I have a serious problem with this, and I have been in contact with local congressman and state senators, and this is why it bothers me.

1. We have to pay a permit fee to have a tournament at a lake. but they dont guarentee parking for our members. So in essence they are charging me to park my boat and go fish, but the kid on the jet ski does not have to pay? I have a problem with this, my fishing license fee paid for this ramp along with the excise fee I pay on all tackle purchases, yet now they charge to have a tounament.

so I need your help call your local congressman or state senator and tell him your thoughts and tell him you dont like being discriminated agaist, they seem to hate that word.

also the DNR will not allow tounaments on Labor day, Memorial day or the Forth of July. thats also a crock, they told me that its because of the high use of waterways on those weekends, well I personally dont care, I pay my taxes and if my congressman wont vote the way I wish I can just as easily change my political views as an angler you know from pro-republican to Democrat. call them let them know it is how you vote. And if we all stick togather they will change it, or their replacements will.

again see you on the water.

Rich

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
I dont have a problem with them Regulating the use, Look at Indiana they work out their tounaments on a public board for who, where, and what time.

my problem is paying for this (why are we singled out)
where is the fee going to?

Discussion starter · #7 ·
I have no problem with them charging a fee for ramp use, but I do have a problem with them only charging tournaments, see I paid for the ramps with my fishing license and excise tax, and I dont appreciate being charged for tournaments. We have paid our dues and to be honest with you, I could care less if the jet skier or ski boat get a parking spot, the reason being if I can get my but out of bed to go fishing at 6 then so can they.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.