Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

discrimination

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  stevie1 
Rich

I'm not so sure I agree with you on this one. I guess if I had a problem with parking spaces available for club anglers I might, but it seems like every tournament that I've been in we our up so early that there is plenty of spaces available.

Or maybe if the launch sites were in such horrible shape that I would ask the MDNR where all our money is going to. But again I personally have never had this problem.

This all comes back to (taxation without representation) but I'm sorry to say that the MDNR has fullfilled everything that we should expect from them.

And on the tournament front, have you ever been to a launch that does not make you file for a permit? Well in Ohio you don't need to and the launches are a complete cluster.

just my.02

Steve

I think the main reason,or from what I can fiqure out , is that the MDNR is charging us for permits because tournaments take up most of the parking for most of the day. Rather then a casual boat ride or jet ski ride that comes and goes every couple of hours. If you really think about it its smart business. They are just trying to prevent loss of ramp fees during tournaments.

Personally I think if you start calling for changes your just asking for trouble.

Your absolutely right, they set the process, we just have to make it better.

To all you that said we've been singled out: maybe your right, but instead of fighting the process, we should abide by the rules and make them work for us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.