Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

discrimination

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  stevie1 
I agree, we have been singled out. I also believe the DNR should be promoting the maximum use of our resources rather than triing to limit opportunities. Most of the access sites have plenty of open area that could be used as overflow when they know they have a specific need for it and can staff accordingly.

The private access sites seem to get things down just fine and a number of other states also understand the full value of promoting the resources and how it can impact them economically. If it were and private company too many customers would be a great problem but our DNR just wants to run them off. The foundation of the whole tournament process makes it an impossibilty to have many major tournaments because you can't even apply untill January 1st of that year, I think they knew most organizers couldn't live with that. When the permit process started they also wanted to restrict private access sites and limit the number of boats per acre.

I just really wish they would start promoting and creating more outdoor activities rather than restrictions. Tournaments do promote fishing as a sport and they also provide lots of promotion of our outdoor resources. Because of the large tournaments that have come to Lake St.Clair when I talk to fishermen from all over the country they talk about coming to fish Lake St.Clair, and many do make it a fishing destination. We've got other excellant fishing opportunities like Saginaw Bay, Traverse Bay, Burt and Mullet, Thunder Bay Etc., but St.Clair has had the promotion.

Just my $.02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.