Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are the Weapons of Mass Destruction???? Do you care??

QUOTE (INSTIGATOR @ Jun 4 2003, 12:46 AM)
I'm back from the Dixie Chick concert. Did my business, but was totally awestruck by their awesome stage! It was so kewl!! Had to have been a total LCD screen floor surrounding their show. Even though their music was kinda . . . well . . . COUNTRY!! I really got a kick out of that stage!!

Yeah man I've been to alot of concerts but that stage was totally unique and I think all bands should do that. Gave everyone an equal shot to see the stage. Was priceless seeing how excited my daughter was and watching her singing and knowing the words to every song.

Got to say they made "NO" apology about what they said. Don't think it is disrespectful to "speak your mind", and I only was pi$$ed that they had the nerve to say that on some stage in a foreign country trying to pander to their "anti" american attitudes. At the time I definitely would have ripped up my tix. But I also wanna know where all the WMD's are and why the government felt they had to "sell" this issue to the american people! Just don't wanna go through life being a mindless drone listening to everything my government tells me.

That being said I agree with the Dixie Chicks stance and tying this issue to a message of "think for yourself".

Not to pi$$ anyone off but I have always sung "God Save the Queen" before I have sung "Hail to the Chief" - but that's just me! God knows the only President I remember having total confidence in and History will bear out as the greatest president of the 20th century was Ronald Reagan!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Its great to think for yourself and everyone has the right to their opinion. my problem with the woman from the dixie chix (and other celebrities) is they have absolutely no intelligence abilities and dont have a clue about the topic. they made it purely political - meaning, where were the celebs who disagreed with bush, when troops were sent to somalia to overthrow the warlords, or the former yugoslavia in an attempt to keep peace, during the clinton administration.

yes, i do care about the weapons of mass destruction. its a big country and much of it still has to be searched. if there wern't any, why did iraq prevent inspectors for so long or from certain areas? bush was the only one with big enough ba!!s to take a stance (in defence of our own country) based on intelligence provided, and put an end to iraq's games. if he lied and pushed for this w/o any kind of intelligence, that would be a different story. if you like your way of life, sometimes you have to protect it.

it's naive to for anyone to think that things would be immediately better. at least this sent a message to the rest of the middle east and seems to be paving a road for middle east peace talks (palestinean/israeli in particular). also, iraqi citizens arnt open to the cruelty of its own government (executions, rapes, etc).

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have to agree with you on almost all your points but, man if we don't find those WMD's than why did we go there. From what we're starting to hear some of that "intelligence" might have been provided from some pretty speculative sources and basically telling us what we wanted to hear or assume. Yes it is a big country and we haven't searched it all yet, but how long are we expected to be in there and what is our responsibility at rebuilding - geezus we can't even get them lights and running water.

Just concerned, we have attacked a sovereign country, destabilized it and destroyed their political infrastructure. No WMD's, that means - without provocation. Why just to show the world not to F--k with us?? We ain't making any friends the longer we stay there. And that goes for around the world. The longer this takes the quicker our credibility erodes. And you can't just say screw the world if they don't like it. We still have to conduct business and survive with these people.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ Jun 4 2003, 11:09 AM)History will bear out as the greatest president of the 20th century was Ronald Reagan!!
Amen brother....

·
Registered
419 Posts
i agree with many of the above points. i just think it is going to take time for everything to shake out of this thing. we live in a time where everyone expects everything NOW! I mean, do people understand what our military accomplished? we overtook iraq in less then a month. i was in awe after a week when people were criticizing battle plans b/c we had not taken over the entire country yet? take a look back in history and compare similiar campaigns and look how long they took. the gulf war took about as long as we hardly entered iraq. the department of defense is figuring about 5+ years that we will have US forces occupying iraq. i think it is just going to take a lot longer for things to stabalize thatn the general population thinks. look how long we had out troops in serbia and the other eastern european countries. i think time will tell.

and just an fyi, it was illegal for US businesses to conduct business w/ iraq prior to this. i am not sure if/when that is going to change, i just found that interesting.

·
Registered
481 Posts
yes we would definitely look bad if none were found. but it doesnt change the fact that iraq ignored every u.n. resolution after another. should everyone just sit idly by and hope that theyre not committing any violations. and again, if there were none, why did iraq continually prevent or delay inspections?

as far as looking bad to other countries; sheez, they dont like the u.s. no matter what even though we liberated most of europe in two different world wars on two different occassions. it comes down to those countries being jealous of the fact that we bust our a$$es for a lifestyle we want but they disagree with. so therefore we must be bad.

as far as conducting business with the rest of the world;
i know it sounds pompous and this is part of the reason, other countries dont like the u.s., but they will continue to do business with the u.s. and if they dont, then fine, let all countries shut their doors and do business only within their borders, and lets see whos the last country standing, we'll take the reigns off of israel and let them have their way with the entire middle east, call in all our loans, and not respond whenever theres a natural catastrophe and the country is looking for aid.

·
Registered
709 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ Jun 4 2003, 11:02 AM)Have to agree with you on almost all your points but, man if we don't find those WMD's than why did we go there.

It certainly won't help but it will not invalidate the action.

From what we're starting to hear some of that "intelligence" might have been provided from some pretty speculative sources and basically telling us what we wanted to hear or assume. Yes it is a big country and we haven't searched it all yet, but how long are we expected to be in there and what is our responsibility at rebuilding - geezus we can't even get them lights and running water.

Good question. This can't be done in a day or a month. This is not hometown USA with a home depot and a party store on every corner and highways and ports. This isn't even TJ yet there is a plan being executed. No matter what it will never be fast enough for most people.

Just concerned, we have attacked a sovereign country, destabilized it and destroyed their political infrastructure.

If it was as simple as that we would have a problem, but then we would not be in this situation either.

No WMD's, that means - without provocation.

No; I completely disagree. In fact, there was PLENTY of bleepin' provocation unless being shot regularly in the no fly zone with missiles and aircraft or complete non-compliance with resolution 687 from '91 (stipulation requiring Iraq to disarm as part and parcel of it's surrender.

Why just to show the world not to F--k with us?? We ain't making any friends the longer we stay there.

You are one of the most intelligent peeps on this board but this is short term planning and analysis. How many times to you have to have someone tell you they are going to continue to try and kill you and your loved ones? This is a festering wound on the face of the planet. Left alone it will consume the world. Burying our heads in the sand until another Saladin rides is not the answer and political means have been tried for 12 freakin' years.

Many of these people are like France. They long for the time when they were the dominant power in the region if not the world.

They want a return to the Caliphate but this time its global (Caliph - A leader of an Islamic polity, regarded as a successor of Muhammad and by tradition always male)

…and that will ONLY happen through a sea of blood and fire. Why? Because they have no other leverage. Oil will be replaced, quite likely sooner than anyone expects and then what will they have? N-O-T-H-I-N-G. Few resources to trade and not enough water. Shoot we don't even import pistachios from them anymore. What a scenario - a bunch of hot headed fanatics with no future, nothing to lose, a huge pile of cash and lots of WMD's.

There was a guy in New Zealand interviewed on TV yesterday. He was making his own CRUISE MISSILE
from parts bought from all over (yes including eBay) with no questions asked. Don't even get me started on desktop manufacturing, 3D printing or rapid prototyping.

And that goes for around the world. The longer this takes the quicker our credibility erodes. And you can't just say screw the world if they don't like it.

I agree that there could be some improvements in tact yet how long will you wait for someone who is late for the BRB? Is 12 years not enough?

We still have to conduct business and survive with these people.

No doubt but I wouldn't want to wake up one morning and find (or not find) Washington, or LA or NY gone.

For that matter all you have to do is watch Discovery channel long enough and you will find a way to take out the entire Eastern seaboard without coming anywhere near the US with a WMD.

Besides, once all the manufacturing and service work is outsourced to Asia, we won't have to worry about it because sooner or later we will find out the servant has become our master. Furthermore, if our enemy is successful they will hardly stop here and today's detractors will truly rue the days they had to help vs. hinder.

Situation:

YOU have stockpiles and mobile labs of weapons banned from the last 12 #$%^#$%^#$ years.

YOU know that enforcement is coming but not exactly when

YOU make contingency plans so you don't get caught with them and don't get the chance to use any of them b/c you were caught off guard by the timing and ferocity of the initial attack wave.

There have been voluminous reports of WMD's being smuggled out of IRAQ before the fall of Baghdad. Most reports have them being stashed in the Becaa (sp?) valley in Lebanon (our good neighbor). Of course that would not be the only opportunity if you were in a location such as IRAQ surrounded by PLENTY of like minded (read: fanatical ignorant) factions, finding a place to hide the stuff would NOT BE TOO flaming difficult since it was designed to be Mo-bile in the first place plus had 12 years of practice hiding from inspectors. Suuuuuuuuuure.... I'll hold on to those WMD's for you. And I'll learn all I can in the meantime so that I can make my own or "borrow" yours to turn against the infidels. The media treats this like it's downtown Frankenmuth for God's sake. PARADIGM shift already. [end digression]

And since you know that the POS American media will diligently attack the credibility of such WMD existence reports (since they seem to have lost their investigative reporting skills and instead waste our time with vain shoulder pats and speculation to the point of insanity) whilst the government will NOT reveal its trusted and protected sources.... you are left in the quandary. How long before public opinon in the US reverses as a result of reporters run amok, stuck on an outdated paradigm? Leverage it and come back as a hero. Gain the respect and allegiance of the Muslim world, take control of the region...

Actually I am surprised the media even report on IRAQ now that news television has turned to "All Laci - All the time"

In the last few months however, they have dumbed down the entire situation by trying to pigeonhole the affair into one reason or another and then puffed themselves up by pseudo-cleverly analyzing the supposed policy shift. It was about this and now it's about that OMG what happened (feigned shock) we may have been mislead. Funny that any misleading that has occurred is a result of poor editorial work and a total lack of good, solid reporting on a complex issue.

On the other side we are in a quandary as well, but this one is far more serious. Do you trust the government (to make decisions on this scale and magnitude) or not? A multi faceted question fo sho. Does your trust include medicare? Preserving wetlands? Is your trust character based or is its essential nature one of base skill or statecraft. IE do you think the gov't has some insidious plot in mind for xxx reasons or do you simply think the powers that be do not have the wit for all/most/some of the situations they must face on a daily basis. Consdier this, those a$$holes in Hamas, Hizbollah, Al-aqsa and the rest have it EASY by comparison. They have a simple mission while our leaders have to keep an understanding eye on many boiling kettles.

------

When Colin Powell made his case prior to the war he had the director of the CIA sitting behind him - those statements were fully supported by the CIA.

All these spineless, petulant wonks on TV complaining about big companies in the States getting the big contracts to rebuild Iraq. Whatever. Who else? My little tech company? Some large trans-national from France, China or Russia?

All right enough is enough; good thing I am waiting on the customer today

Here is a funny vid:

Whatever.mpeg

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow Big Daddy your entire post just totally blew me away! Great reading, thoughtful, insightful, analytical. Can't even think of a rebuttal but do have to say that: No I don't trust the government to do what is right and am also at times pretty speculative about their ability to run even the most simple of operations.

You have to understand one thing about me though dude, I generally don't believe in conspiracy theories and think that after all is said and done most issues can be stripped down to their barest fact. That fact being that the lowest common denominator usually rises to the positions of leadership in most countries. Most of the people and nations collectively act out of complete self-interest (nothing wrong with that). And that for whatever reason, the world seems to keep spinning and things tend to keep working "in-spite" of these numbnuts rather than "because" of them.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Ditto Traveler. I immediately sent him an email after I read his stunning physical manifestation of his intellect.......

Let's share with the group, shall we?

DUDE!

Read your post.....

Your intellect was pretty deep, and a pleasure to read - completely in awe by your level of intelligence.

Very, very impressive and well said Ron.

That being said, can I now call you a "smarty pance?" lol

Peace!
Shandog

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jun 4 2003, 01:48 PM)Ditto Traveler. I immediately sent him an email after I read his stunning physical manifestation of his intellect.......

Let's share with the group, shall we?

DUDE!

Read your post.....

Your intellect was pretty deep, and a pleasure to read - completely in awe by your level of intelligence.

Very, very impressive and well said Ron.

That being said, can I now call you a "smarty pance?" lol

Peace!
Shandog

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ Jun 4 2003, 11:02 AM)Have to agree with you on almost all your points but, man if we don't find those WMD's than why did we go there. From what we're starting to hear some of that "intelligence" might have been provided from some pretty speculative sources and basically telling us what we wanted to hear or assume. Yes it is a big country and we haven't searched it all yet, but how long are we expected to be in there and what is our responsibility at rebuilding - geezus we can't even get them lights and running water.

Just concerned, we have attacked a sovereign country, destabilized it and destroyed their political infrastructure. No WMD's, that means - without provocation. Why just to show the world not to F--k with us?? We ain't making any friends the longer we stay there. And that goes for around the world. The longer this takes the quicker our credibility erodes. And you can't just say screw the world if they don't like it. We still have to conduct business and survive with these people.
DO THEY NOT HAVE ANTHRAX ????????
I BELIEVE THEY USED IT ON THIER OWN PEOPLE ALREADY.
UMM..YES

I BELIEVE THAT IS WMD / GERM WARFARE...... THAT'S WHY WE WERE THERE....

AND TO PI$$ OFF THE SISSY FRENCH

·
Registered
709 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ Jun 4 2003, 01:45 PM)Wow Big Daddy your entire post just totally blew me away! Great reading, thoughtful, insightful, analytical. Can't even think of a rebuttal but do have to say that: No I don't trust the government to do what is right and am also at times pretty speculative about their ability to run even the most simple of operations.

You have to understand one thing about me though dude, I generally don't believe in conspiracy theories and think that after all is said and done most issues can be stripped down to their barest fact. That fact being that the lowest common denominator usually rises to the positions of leadership in most countries. Most of the people and nations collectively act out of complete self-interest (nothing wrong with that). And that for whatever reason, the world seems to keep spinning and things tend to keep working "in-spite" of these numbnuts rather than "because" of them.
Geez guys thanks; A little venting on my part.

Right on Traveler, I would agree with the whole Occam's Razor/K.I.S.S. deal.

Look how simple it was for 9-11. Not likely it will happen again. Someone will have a new, simple idea. Us or them and it will get used. Any motivated Jane can get the tools and materials necessary to do a lot of damage with a little effort. The simple availability of powerful technology and the proliferation of information raises the stakes for everyone and it's almost 10 years since McVeigh(sp?).

Giant robots or sharks with lasers on their heads coming at us from the desert would make a great new Austin Power's movie. A simple device such as a trebuchet with just a large stone (let alone something nasty) and the damage one could make with one or two shots at the right target though... And what if you had a couple? I don't even want to write this down. Of course if you don't care about getting away it makes your planning a lot easier.

Education, education, education.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(BigDaddy @ Jun 4 2003, 01:13 PM)QUOTE(traveler @ Jun 4 2003, 11:02 AM)Have to agree with you on almost all your points but, man if we don't find those WMD's than why did we go there.

It certainly won't help but it will not invalidate the action.

From what we're starting to hear some of that "intelligence" might have been provided from some pretty speculative sources and basically telling us what we wanted to hear or assume. Yes it is a big country and we haven't searched it all yet, but how long are we expected to be in there and what is our responsibility at rebuilding - geezus we can't even get them lights and running water.

Good question. This can't be done in a day or a month. This is not hometown USA with a home depot and a party store on every corner and highways and ports. This isn't even TJ yet there is a plan being executed. No matter what it will never be fast enough for most people.

Just concerned, we have attacked a sovereign country, destabilized it and destroyed their political infrastructure.

If it was as simple as that we would have a problem, but then we would not be in this situation either.

No WMD's, that means - without provocation.

No; I completely disagree. In fact, there was PLENTY of bleepin' provocation unless being shot regularly in the no fly zone with missiles and aircraft or complete non-compliance with resolution 687 from '91 (stipulation requiring Iraq to disarm as part and parcel of it's surrender.

Why just to show the world not to F--k with us?? We ain't making any friends the longer we stay there.

You are one of the most intelligent peeps on this board but this is short term planning and analysis. How many times to you have to have someone tell you they are going to continue to try and kill you and your loved ones? This is a festering wound on the face of the planet. Left alone it will consume the world. Burying our heads in the sand until another Saladin rides is not the answer and political means have been tried for 12 freakin' years.

Many of these people are like France. They long for the time when they were the dominant power in the region if not the world.

They want a return to the Caliphate but this time its global (Caliph - A leader of an Islamic polity, regarded as a successor of Muhammad and by tradition always male)

…and that will ONLY happen through a sea of blood and fire. Why? Because they have no other leverage. Oil will be replaced, quite likely sooner than anyone expects and then what will they have? N-O-T-H-I-N-G. Few resources to trade and not enough water. Shoot we don't even import pistachios from them anymore. What a scenario - a bunch of hot headed fanatics with no future, nothing to lose, a huge pile of cash and lots of WMD's.

There was a guy in New Zealand interviewed on TV yesterday. He was making his own CRUISE MISSILE
from parts bought from all over (yes including eBay) with no questions asked. Don't even get me started on desktop manufacturing, 3D printing or rapid prototyping.

And that goes for around the world. The longer this takes the quicker our credibility erodes. And you can't just say screw the world if they don't like it.

I agree that there could be some improvements in tact yet how long will you wait for someone who is late for the BRB? Is 12 years not enough?

We still have to conduct business and survive with these people.

No doubt but I wouldn't want to wake up one morning and find (or not find) Washington, or LA or NY gone.

For that matter all you have to do is watch Discovery channel long enough and you will find a way to take out the entire Eastern seaboard without coming anywhere near the US with a WMD.

Besides, once all the manufacturing and service work is outsourced to Asia, we won't have to worry about it because sooner or later we will find out the servant has become our master. Furthermore, if our enemy is successful they will hardly stop here and today's detractors will truly rue the days they had to help vs. hinder.

Situation:

YOU have stockpiles and mobile labs of weapons banned from the last 12 #$%^#$%^#$ years.

YOU know that enforcement is coming but not exactly when

YOU make contingency plans so you don't get caught with them and don't get the chance to use any of them b/c you were caught off guard by the timing and ferocity of the initial attack wave.

There have been voluminous reports of WMD's being smuggled out of IRAQ before the fall of Baghdad. Most reports have them being stashed in the Becaa (sp?) valley in Lebanon (our good neighbor). Of course that would not be the only opportunity if you were in a location such as IRAQ surrounded by PLENTY of like minded (read: fanatical ignorant) factions, finding a place to hide the stuff would NOT BE TOO flaming difficult since it was designed to be Mo-bile in the first place plus had 12 years of practice hiding from inspectors. Suuuuuuuuuure.... I'll hold on to those WMD's for you. And I'll learn all I can in the meantime so that I can make my own or "borrow" yours to turn against the infidels. The media treats this like it's downtown Frankenmuth for God's sake. PARADIGM shift already. [end digression]

And since you know that the POS American media will diligently attack the credibility of such WMD existence reports (since they seem to have lost their investigative reporting skills and instead waste our time with vain shoulder pats and speculation to the point of insanity) whilst the government will NOT reveal its trusted and protected sources.... you are left in the quandary. How long before public opinon in the US reverses as a result of reporters run amok, stuck on an outdated paradigm? Leverage it and come back as a hero. Gain the respect and allegiance of the Muslim world, take control of the region...

Actually I am surprised the media even report on IRAQ now that news television has turned to "All Laci - All the time"

In the last few months however, they have dumbed down the entire situation by trying to pigeonhole the affair into one reason or another and then puffed themselves up by pseudo-cleverly analyzing the supposed policy shift. It was about this and now it's about that OMG what happened (feigned shock) we may have been mislead. Funny that any misleading that has occurred is a result of poor editorial work and a total lack of good, solid reporting on a complex issue.

On the other side we are in a quandary as well, but this one is far more serious. Do you trust the government (to make decisions on this scale and magnitude) or not? A multi faceted question fo sho. Does your trust include medicare? Preserving wetlands? Is your trust character based or is its essential nature one of base skill or statecraft. IE do you think the gov't has some insidious plot in mind for xxx reasons or do you simply think the powers that be do not have the wit for all/most/some of the situations they must face on a daily basis. Consdier this, those a$$holes in Hamas, Hizbollah, Al-aqsa and the rest have it EASY by comparison. They have a simple mission while our leaders have to keep an understanding eye on many boiling kettles.

------

When Colin Powell made his case prior to the war he had the director of the CIA sitting behind him - those statements were fully supported by the CIA.

All these spineless, petulant wonks on TV complaining about big companies in the States getting the big contracts to rebuild Iraq. Whatever. Who else? My little tech company? Some large trans-national from France, China or Russia?

All right enough is enough; good thing I am waiting on the customer today

Here is a funny vid:

Whatever.mpeg
YOU ROCK BIG DADDY !

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think if the WMD are not found it is not a good thing, but we all know they have used them in the past and any one of us can use our common sense to realize Sadaam had them and/or planned on having them.

But no it is not a good thing in the World view if we do not find them directly.

But I say this, think we did a good thing. The thousands of mass graves we have been uncovering just shows the Sadistic Tyranny of one of the Most Powerful and Evil men since Adolf Hitler. Good Riddance Sadaam, you S.O.B. hope the Devil is personally attending your introduction to Purgatory.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Jun 4 2003, 02:10 PM)QUOTE(traveler @ Jun 4 2003, 11:02 AM) Have to agree with you on almost all your points but, man if we don't find those WMD's than why did we go there. From what we're starting to hear some of that "intelligence" might have been provided from some pretty speculative sources and basically telling us what we wanted to hear or assume. Yes it is a big country and we haven't searched it all yet, but how long are we expected to be in there and what is our responsibility at rebuilding - geezus we can't even get them lights and running water.

DO THEY NOT HAVE ANTHRAX ????????
I BELIEVE THEY USED IT ON THIER OWN PEOPLE ALREADY.
UMM..YES

I BELIEVE THAT IS WMD / GERM WARFARE...... THAT'S WHY WE WERE THERE....

AND TO PI$$ OFF THE SISSY FRENCH
No dude, we have "Anthrax" and they ROCK!!!!!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
kudos to bigdaddy, but even bigger kudos to listener for the "No dude, we have "Anthrax" and they ROCK!!!!!!" comment so we try not take ourselves too seriously and get into a pi$$ing match.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Littlewing - love the signature. Love Stevie Ray Vaughn and just saw Double Trouble at DTE with Kenny Wayne Shepherd. Were great!!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I think that George Bush got involved in Iraq for one main, simple reason: Saddam called his bluff. And you don't wanna do that to a guy from Texas! All this talk about oil, WMDs, freeing the population from a ruthless dictator was just a bonus. With the rest of the world watching for our (his) reaction (especially the arab countries), he had to send in the armed forces to show the rest of the middle east (Bank roller SAUDI ARABIA in particular) that the US of A will no longer put up with their actions (translated: We are not pu$$ies!) He sent a very clear message to middle east leaders: Clean up your act or we (US of A) will come into your country and do it for you. No foolin' ; just ask your next door neighbor Iraq how we rocked their world. No WMDs found in Iraq? Who cares! Look what we did to the country with the largest army in the reqion just for potentially possessing them. If I was living over there would I want them in my country? No way.

I think that even the most hard core muslim Al Quaeda activists got the idea loud and clear. Bush raised the price for their terrorist activities. You wanna play with big boys' toys? You think you're in our league? Then you gotta play with us. If we even think that you have the toys, were gonna make you play with us. We're gonna come over to your 'hood and find those toys...In fact, I think the US of a instilled a bit of terror in the hearts of many of the hard core fanatics. Thanks Mr. President for not being a pu$$y!!

just my $0.02

·
Registered
481 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ Jun 4 2003, 02:52 PM)Littlewing - love the signature. Love Stevie Ray Vaughn and just saw Double Trouble at DTE with Kenny Wayne Shepherd. Were great!!
thanx trav. yeah, srv was a GOD. saw him open for jeff beck at cobo. srv played the guitar behind his back for one song, closed with voodoochile and left the crowed screaming for more. jeff beck comes on stage and you could hear a pin drop inbetween songs. saw him again at pineknob from the front row. havnt cared to ever go to a concert since then. lol, i've been to the top and theres nothing else to see.

·
Registered
481 Posts
QUOTE(damn yankee @ Jun 4 2003, 02:54 PM)I think that George Bush got involved in Iraq for one main, simple reason: Saddam called his bluff. And you don't wanna do that to a guy from Texas! All this talk about oil, WMDs, freeing the population from a ruthless dictator was just a bonus. With the rest of the world watching for our (his) reaction (especially the arab countries), he had to send in the armed forces to show the rest of the middle east (Bank roller SAUDI ARABIA in particular) that the US of A will no longer put up with their actions (translated: We are not pu$$ies!) He sent a very clear message to middle east leaders: Clean up your act or we (US of A) will come into your country and do it for you. No foolin' ; just ask your next door neighbor Iraq how we rocked their world. No WMDs found in Iraq? Who cares! Look what we did to the country with the largest army in the reqion just for potentially possessing them. If I was living over there would I want them in my country? No way.

I think that even the most hard core muslim Al Quaeda activists got the idea loud and clear. Bush raised the price for their terrorist activities. You wanna play with big boys' toys? You think you're in our league? Then you gotta play with us. If we even think that you have the toys, were gonna make you play with us. We're gonna come over to your 'hood and find those toys...In fact, I think the US of a instilled a bit of terror in the hearts of many of the hard core fanatics. Thanks Mr. President for not being a pu$$y!!

just my $0.02
i second damn yankees comments. and to qoute another damn yankee............

suck on the barrel of my hot shotgun and SMILE
when ya say damn yankee!!

................deadly tedly nugent

1 - 20 of 24 Posts