Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How was the enforcement by the DNR this weekend? Seems like since all the hoopla about catch and release the last couple of weeks has caused the DNR to make their presence seem beefed up. Any comments? And to all you Moms out there, Happy Mothers Day.

·
Registered
82 Posts
not sure about the dnr, BUT

i took the boatout for the shakedown

when i got back to the dock(hall road)-coast gaurd was there writing tickets. They were ticketing both boats at launch-never checked or ask me anyhitng(im legal-so i didnt care)

Side note
some older guy(70) launch his boat by himself and didnt tie up rope. Boat floated away-i had to pick him up and drive hoim to his boat

·
Registered
241 Posts
I was out from 5 til 9:30pm all over the lake and had no problems other than banging rock bass instead of catching pike. Can't recall ever slamming rock bass on a J13 rapala before but they were hitting it eagerly. Two of the fish caught were actually smaller than the lure. Also took out my boy and his friend who was going out for the first time. Three casts with a jointed shad rap and he ends up hauling in a 22" smallmouth. So he received the full fishing seminar on how to keep the tip up and not reel in against the drag. After we landed and released that fish he was the one hooked! Him and my son came to me yesterday begging me to take them again but told them it was Mom's day not Dad's.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Fish Tremble,

Great story. My oldest has been begging to go fishing after he hauled in a 3lb largemouth right off the sea walls here on the salt river. It is so amazing to watch them catch fish.

Gregg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts