Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I warned you all in my DNR update post and had alot of posts pro and con about the DNR.
We all need to get involved and watch the DNR as they are out of control. They are nothing more than a big government beaucracy that has its own agenda sadly it is out of tune with the fisherman.
For those of you sticking up for the DNR beaucrats, please don't. The DNR actions speak louder than their words again when it comes to the fishermen of Michigan.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Gitzit: OK lets talk turkey, what can we all do to rectify the situation. I'm willing to do my part. What's the purposed solution? What can we do? How can we do it? Let's start the ball rolling. Time is for solutions. What do we want? We can't complain anymore. Can't beat ourself's up. Do fisherman need to hire a lawyer. Start a petition. Let's get organizied. We should have a say in what they do. Will they listen? I dont' and won't spin my wheels!!! But I'm willing to do my part.... If we all stand together we should conquer.... We need dkimmel's help.

h2o<---------says LET'S ROLL

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We need to not forget the bait shops as they have alot at stake with the dnr. If you combine the voice of the fishermen and the voice of the bait stores, that alone would be an awfull lot of people.
I don't have the entire solution, which is why I have been sending out DNR posts to just try and get raise the awareness. There definitely needs to be a next step to get our voices together and have a loud and collective sound being sent to the Michigan legislature as it is they who are pulling the DNRs strings. If they think that they are losing alot of voters, meaning fishermen; bait store owners or anyone else we can round up to join us, you can bet their attitude to the fishermen will change.
Let's see what suggestions other fishermen have on this and then work with that to start with; anyone else have any ideas on how to proceed?
I agree with h2o, Let's roll!!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Wow. I must have missed the news. What did the Michigan DNR do recently that further limits the bass season here in Michigan? When did this take place? Gitzit, let us know the source of this information so we can follow up on it.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Mini that's where my question: What do we want comes in.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My question is: What has the DNR done that will change any aspect of upcoming 2004 bass season ??

Your post makes it sound like THEY'VE done something... So what is it ??

I've got sources within the MDNR and have heard of nothing concerning changes for 2004 ....

Clue us in ?? :|

CKev

·
Registered
106 Posts
Is it true that the DNR can search your house with out a warrant. That won't be good if they can. I mean, I did not do anything wrong or anything but the busted my uncle and some friends up north se artical.

DNR website BEAR

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
It is to my knowledge that they don't I repeat DON"T need a warrent. They have more power than the police.

h2o<---------says be good!!! LOL

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
It is true they don't need a warrent they can come in if they want to. I know a fellow at Westbranch got nailed with 42 deer in his barn and they took his house apart k=looking for guns and such.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
It's true,..the DNR has more "search and seizure" power than the State Police....they can search your vehicle or your premisis WITHOUT a warrant and confiscate anything they feel may have been used or suspectedly used in the commision of a crime or a game violation. It's up to YOU to prove your innocence. Don't mess around with the DNR!!
Poacher's should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law....it's not fair to those that abide by the laws if the violaters are NOT arrested and held responsible.

Mac

42 deer in a guys barn?? He shoulda been hung along with them!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Yes and his 12 and 14 year old sons where killing the deer. I'll tell you how in Camp this weekend. LOL Bob

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had heard that as well Bob. His place is not far from fiance's grandparents place in West Branch. I didn't know his kids were doing the shooting. Pretty sad

1 - 13 of 13 Posts