Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone this is Cory again with this week's fishing report. I have been seeing some good catches from lots of places on the lake so I will make this as accurate as possible. The winds have been out of the SE lately with the winds shifting yesterday from the S. The turbidity on the lake has been clearing up in the North and Middle Channel's and out in front of Metro Beach(16 Mile Rd). The water temps are right around 60-65 around the lake so right now the temperature is just right for those walleyes.
Walleyes are being in caught in 3 areas right now consistantly. Out from 16 Mile Rd and Gino's Surf, in the North Channel, and in the Middle Channel. Out from Metro Beach (16 Mile Rd.) boats are trolling with crawler harnesses in about 8-10 feet of water. Speeds are running between 1.0-1.2 mph. Colors of the harnesses are silver with red beads, hammered brass or gold with red beads, and the good old wonder bread(white with red and blue dots.) In the North Channel boats are still back trolling for them in 50-65 feet of water. The most productive methods are with chugging sinkers or with larger head jigs. Minnows need to be a larger size like 1.5 to 2 inches. In the Middle Channel boats are picking them up on crawler harnesses in about 20-25 feet of water. Here speeds have not been specified, but probably the same as metioned before. Color is same as previously mentioned.
Northern Pike are still being picked up off of Selfridge Air Base in about 6-9 feet of water. Boats are casting crankbaits and getting them on crawler harnesses.
Panfish are starting to slow just slightly out in the main lake. In the canals North of Selfridge they are still biting on worms and bobbers. In the lake out from the Tinfish restuarant boats are using small tube baits on slip bobbers to get them.
Goodluck to everyone out there on the lake this week. Hopefully everyone is enjoying the decent weather we have had in the past week. See you at the launches, Cory

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Thanks Cory. As always very informative and specific as to the where and the how. Thanks for the Pike information as I was trying to figure out where muskiebobsr got all them hogs the other day. Think I know the spot(s).

Smile Bob, I'll use stealth and no one will see me out there.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
OK Chris: Try the 6 to 8 foot depths go out and come toward shore. Red Eyes and Super shads are turning most of the Pike on. Bucktails work some but I prefer medium sized spinner Baits for the Pike at this time of the year.. Good Fishing. Your Pal Bob

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
QUOTE(muskiebobsr @ Jun 1 2004, 11:29 AM)
OK Chris: Try the 6 to 8 foot depths go out and come toward shore. Red Eyes and Super shads are turning most of the Pike on. Bucktails work some but I prefer medium sized spinner Baits for the Pike at this time of the year.. Good Fishing. Your Pal Bob
Hi Bob, thought that might get your attention. Those where some nice size critters. Good seeing you at the meeting the other night (MOMC). I had to pick Gerri up or I could have stayed a little longer.

I am at work but hoping to get out this week if the wind and the rain let up. Take care. Hope you had a good Memorial day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts