Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there all of my fishing buddies. This is Cory from the DNR with this weeks fishing report of Lake St. Clair.
Fishing has been moderate to good in perch and walleye (for the weather).
Yellow perch are being caught the most on the lake recently. The main areas are appr. 1½ mile's off of the 400 Club in 14 feet of water and out from the Grosse Pointe Yacht club in appr. 14 feet of water also. These are the main hot spots on the lake. There may be other's, but my reports are showing that 90% of the fish are being brought in from these areas. Perch rigs with 1 inch minnows have been the preferred gear with drifting being the preferred technique.
Walleye have been caught in the Dumping Grounds and along the backside of Gull Island. The Dumping Grounds run from appr. the Grosse Pointe Yacht club down to the mouth of the Detroit River. Trolling in both areas has been the productive method. Crawlers on harnesses are still the preffered gear. The depths in both areas also are around 14 to 15 feet. Behind Gull Island the depths are 15-20 feet.
Smallmouth and largemouth have been slow as of late, but fish are still out there to be caught. Most common areas include the mile roads and the North and Middle channels. Tube jigs are being used in the channels and spinners down at the mile roads.
Muskie has slowed considerably because of the cold weather. Still no good reports from the American water's.
No reports for Northern Pike.
Hopefully everyone catches fish and continues to have fun doing it. Good luck and I will see you at the launches. Thanks, Cory

·
Registered
117 Posts
Fished last Thursday thru Sunday in Anchor Bay and North Channel. Cast mostly for Muskies. Not much action. One 40 incher near Selfridge on a 3/4 oz spinnerbait and one 36 incher on a 1/2 spinner bait (fishing for bass) near the Salt. Threw everything in the box. Had a couple of follows but nothing to write home about. Fished the weed beds west of Grassy and did not see a Muskie. Caught about a half dozen small pike in the Sni and North Channel. Caught several 1-2 pound bass near the Salt. I can't wait until next year, looking forward to getting back up to St. Clair, it is my favorite Lake. Good fishing everybody, Magnum

1 - 2 of 2 Posts