Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all you fishing buddies. This is Cory from the DNR again with this weeks fishing report.
Yellow perch are being caught off of the 9 mile tower and the Grosse Pointe Yacht Club. Depths here are appr. 14-16 feet. Perch rigs with emerald shinners are the most productive method. Another productive area includes out from the 400 Club. Depths here are 15-16 feet. Perch rigs again are the most productive method.
Walleye are being caught in the Middle and North Channels. The Sni has also been productive. Jigging has been the best method and some trolling has worked using crawler harnesses.
Largemouth and smallmouth have been very slow, but most have been caught on the Canadian side at the Belle River hump. Tubes and jigs have been most commonly used.
Muskie have been very limited, but the ones that have been caught were in the Dumping Grounds.
Hopefully everyone had a great season. This will be the last fishing report until next year so goodluck everyone. Thanks for everyones help and information I greatly appreciate it. Cory

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Cory, thanks for all of the great updates this season. Hope to see your reports here next year. Any chance of getting reports during the ice fishing season? Just wishful thinking.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Cory it's been great having your reports this year. We all appreciate it.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Thanks a lot Cory. See ya next year. Bob

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Thanks for all your effort Cory... Your reports are very accurate, and look forward to next year...

P.S. Do you think you could give two reports a week next year.. I'm not trying to be greedy...

h2o<----------can't get enough

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Cory: Just like the above I thank your for your reports. You are a good rep for the DNR and I know you don't have to do this. Great job. My boat is out and from the reports (Musky) I'm glad I got it pickled and up for the winter. Thank you again from all of us that look forward to you timely and accurate reports over the summer months.

PS: PM me with your bosses name - I would like to pass along what a great job you do representing the DNR.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I echo everyone's comments, Cory -- I'm always looking to see what's happening. Thanks for keeping us current.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Cory, I look forward each week to your fishing reports and I even email them to my fishing buddies. Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us the valuable fishing information that most of us fishing people here need to hear from you. Have a great winter and I am looking forward to next year to view your reports once again... Rich

·
Registered
75 Posts
Cory, I have met you several times at the ramp as I was coming in and I have given you info myself that you have posted here.
Thanks for being a good representative of the DNR. The rest of the DNR needs to model the type of behavior that you exhibit each week.
Keep up the good work, maybe the folks in Lansing will learn something from this.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Cory,

Dittos to all the great things said previously in this thread Cory. Your's was the only steady stream of information we got each week. It was great having something about fishing that we could count on week to week no matter what.

Have a great winter and we will see/hear from you in the spring.

Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts