Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there fishing buddies this is Cory from the DNR again this year with your weekly fishing report.
Ice has been fairly good from Metro Beach down to Grosse Pointe. On the main lake there is anywhere from 4-6 inches of good ice (depending on the wind). In the canals there has been good ice anywhere from 3-5 inches.
Fishing has been relatively slow with mainly yellow perch being caught. I have only seen one limit so far and that came in from Michigan Harbor by Blossom Heath. There have been other catches from here that are totalling around 20-25. The size of these fish have been between 4-12 inches a varying range. Also in this area the canal off the boat launch at Blossom Heath there has been some fish caught here. The remaining areas of cathces include Metro Beach off the jet ski ramp about 200 yards out. The basin at Metro Beach has not been that productive for the individuals that I have interviewed. Some fish have come in here, but the size is down.
As far as northern pike and bluegill the only spots where I have seen these are at Blossom Heath and Michigan Harbor. In Michigan Harbor you need to be between the gas pumps from Miller's to Michigan Harbor.
Methods are varying but the best has been with wigglers and minnows. Wax worms have been very slow as far as production goes, but right now anything is worth a try.
Well everyone good luck and have a great time and be careful on the ice. See you guys in the cold and on the ice. Thanks, Cory

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Excellent to have you back Cory, thanks for all the effort. I look forward to your reports because they are so acurate. You tell it like it is. I know everyone feels the same way.

h2o<---says thanks a million!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts