Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there fishing buddies this is Cory again with this week's fishing report. Hope everyone was catching what they worked for out there.
Remember the ice may be good, but there is still possibilities of danger with the wind blowing out and pockets of thin ice. Just a reminder to use caution.
Starting at Metro Beach there have been yellow perch caught in the back basin behind the island and off of the beach(between the jetski ramp and beach). The depths here vary from 3-8 feet. In the back basin fish are being caught closer to the sea walls and the docks. A red bead on a teardrop has been the prefered method used. Off the jet ski ramp yellow perch and walleye have been reported off of minnows and tear drops.
Down to Gino's surf, about 1 mile out, in 10 feet of water there are walleye and yellow perch being caught. The size of the perch are phenomenal, but the numbers are down a bit. Find some structure and fish off of it and try to distance yourself from any disturbances(which is difficult to do). Use minnows and try different sizes at different depths. Vary the presentation as much as possible.
(The same has been reported off of the Harrison Spillway ramp.)
At 11 mile fishing for yellow perch has slowed a bit. Some fish are being brought in from the marina and from the main canal. Off of the sea wall on the lake there have been some caught on teardrops and minnows. Size here is down.
At 10 mile and the Coast Guard station fishermen are starting to get a few in the north cove from the station. The depths here are 5-6 feet in places. Just be careful of the ice in the cove. Use a tear drop with a perch eye or a red bead. Further down by Jack's there have been some perch caught in 7 feet of water. Use teardrops with a perch eye or a red bead.
That is all I have at this time and remember to just come up and ask me for any updates. I talk to a lot of people and see the fish so I can let you know where they are. Goodluck and stay warm. Cory

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Just as fantastic as you Cory.
Do you fish Cory?

h2o<---says tanks...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts