Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there fishing buddies how is everyone? Everything is good here. Fishing wise, slowed a little bit this weekend.
Starting at 16 mile Rd. off of the beach there have been a few perch caught in 3-6 feet of water. Methods used has been jigging with a Ken's spoon with a red bead or a perch eye and minnows. Not many have come in here, but some have been caught.
In the North Marina basin by the docks perch are being caught on teardrops with red beads. In the back basin behind the island perch have also been caught on minnows.
Down to 15 mile Rd area perch are being caught in 10-12 feet of water in the morning time between 7:00-11:00. Jigging with teardrops with red beads and minnows have been the preferred method. Good size here and pretty good numbers also.
Off of Shook Rd. by the 400 club there are perch being caught in about 4-5 feet of water on minnows.
Down to 11 mile Rd. in the marina and off of the sea wall a few yellow perch and bluegill are being caught. Teardrops with a glow-in-the-dark bead has been the most productive while sometimes minnows being productive also. Depths here vary from 2-6 feet.
At 10 mile Rd. fishing is very slow going right now, but the fish that are being caught are on minnows or a tear drop with a perch eye off of the Coast Guard station. Depths range from 5-7 feet.
Down off of 9 mile Rd. perch and bluegill are being caught in about 3-4 feet of water. Be careful here because you have to walk out quite far from your parking site. Minnows and wigglers are most productive here.
Walleye have been slow, but some are being caught at night off of Gino's and Harrison Spillway ramp out in about 12 feet of water. Find some structure and put a minnow down.
Ice has blown out off of Metro Point and off of the South River Rd. point. This may bring the fish in a little bit (hopefully)!
Thanks everyone for being very cooperative and friendly out there. Hope to see everyone with lots of fish this week. Goodluck! Cory

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
As always Cory everyone thanks you for your excellent reporting and pumping up fisherman to get out there and enjoy, Won't be long and the frozen h2o will turn to liquid.

h2o<--says good work Cory.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yes I would also like to add my thanks. It was nice being able to put a face to the name after meeting you out at the Coast Guard station last week. The tips you gave were right on and your reports are always timely so that I know if I read it here then it is happening now and not a week ago like so many other reports.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts