Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walleye fishing in Saginaw Bay continues to be good, but has slowed considerably since the arrival of the cold front. Cooler weather has slowed fishing in many areas. Fishing should pick up as the weather warms.

Southeast Lower Peninsula

Lake Erie - Walleye are being taken in 15 to 21 feet of water at Fermi. Brest Bay and Celeron Island are producing good catches of perch.

Huron River - Smallmouth bass action upstream using crayfish, leeches, spinner baits and tube baits. Near Belleville catfish and walleye are being taken. Catfish are being caught near the dams in the lower river.

Detroit River - Walleye were caught in the Trenton Channel by those handlining with spoons or small rapalas.

Lexington - Anglers trolling are marking fish in 80 to 90 feet of water, but nothing is hitting. Perch fishing is slow.

Port Sanilac - Perch fishing has slowed.

Port Austin - Good catches of lake trout and some incidental chinook and steelhead are being taken in 90 to 135 feet of water. A few walleye are being taken in 20 to 40 feet off the reefs west of Port Austin. Pier fishing is slow.

Saginaw Bay - All of the usual spots continue to produce fish, but since the cooler weather set in the walleye have moved further offshore. Good catches were consistently taken out near Buoys 1 & 2 at the end of the shipping channel but catches on the Callahan Reef, in the slot, and out on the Bar were hit and miss. Consistently windy weather for the past several days has made fishing difficult. Nearshore areas are reported to be somewhat murky due to all the wind and waves. Warmer, more stable weather should cause fishing to improve.

Sorry for the late post, and for missing last week's post. I completely forgot last week from my b-day and being the 4th and such. I was busy all day today, and forgot about it until now. Sorry again everybody!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts