Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat Vinnie got outside last night and I forgot to let him back in. He's been sneezing like mad all day long. Crap!! Now I really feel bad.

What the hell? Now I have to take my cat to the vet for a cold? Have you ever heard such a thing? Does he all of a sudden have allergies or something? He doesn't feel warm, and has been eating and drinking.

There he goes again...this is nuts! I don't even spend the $ on a doctor visit when I have a cold, but I have to for the cat. Not like I can give him claritin or something like that though.

I smell a hundred dolla vet bill coming upon me

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Babydoll says give it a day...if it doesn't pass take him in!

Hope he's feel better...Chicken Soup!?!?!?

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Apr 30 2003, 10:49 PM)Babydoll says give it a day...if it doesn't pass take him in!

Hope he's feel better...Chicken Soup!?!?!?

How do you make chicken soup from a cat???

JUST KIDDING!!!

Hope Vinnie feels better soon...

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Apr 30 2003, 11:59 PM)Tell Babydoll I said thanks Gary.

Neeley - that's just WRONG

K!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Yes, they can get colds. I'm not sure if its the exact same virus that affects people, but the symptoms are the same. Key things are green discharge from the nose, crusty/runny eyes, and sneezing.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Shandog,
That is so weird, my poor cat got caught outside last night in that strom! My cat only goes outside with me or when someone from the house is outside with him. He was so wet and I felt terrible this morning!

About two years ago my cat Buster got really sick and I took him to the vet. They had to put him on a IV for a couple of hours. They wanted to keep him over night but I could not afford that. Took a few days to turn around.

They are just like little kids sometimes, you don't know they are really sick till it gets really bad for them. Just keep your eyes open. You know not eating etc.

Good Luck

Firecracker

G

·
shandog,
if you end up taking kitty to the vet,
try parkview animal hospital.
they're on 11 at dequindre.
good doctors without the big rates.
i've had all my kitties there .
good luck

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Shandoggie, sorry to hear vinnie is under the weather; Funny if he has allergies! But he didn't catch a cold being outside all night; got to be a virus spread.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
My cat, Mouse, is an indoor cat, but on and off lately, she goes into sneezing fits. She must have sneezed 10 times in a row the other day.
You never know where your cat was while outside, there are so many different plants and trees out there, he could be allergic to something. I wouldn't worry about the sneezing, but like snowmaker said, if the other stuff starts happening, I would take him in.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
for sure take him in if the nose starts running and the eyes are a watering. Apparently mine had an upper respitory infection. $300.00 dollars later and 5 different medicines.... but she was just a kitten at the time.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Call my niece @ North Gratiot Vet Clinic,she's a Vet there, ask for the best lookin' vet at the clinic (Dr. Hartfield) and tell her Jeff sent you.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He's less sneezy today - not sure what the deal is with him but I'll keep a close eye on him today. Poor little guy

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(sandman @ May 1 2003, 06:50 AM)shandog,
good luck

This is a good vet! I've been using him for 3 yrs. (I use several different vets for different animals or illness) Their prices are about average. Dr. Fear is the doc i use at that clinic. They have grown so fast that you might have to wait a little when you get there.
Parkview will usually give you a better price on meds than other places.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
QUOTE(tsunamihart @ May 1 2003, 01:37 PM)Call my niece @ North Gratiot Vet Clinic,she's a Vet there, ask for the best lookin' vet at the clinic (Dr. Hartfield) and tell her Jeff sent you.

I would also reccomend North Gratiot. Dr. Bob Theurcut (I know I spelled that wrong, Sorry Bob) is a very good friend of mine and he has saved the life of my 15 year old dog - Stymie twice now (gall-stones).

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(tsunamihart @ May 1 2003, 08:37 AM)Call my niece @ North Gratiot Vet Clinic,she's a Vet there, ask for the best lookin' vet at the clinic (Dr. Hartfield) and tell her Jeff sent you.

North Gratiot is also well known and recommended in the animal community. The cost of their meds tends to be a little higher, but they work with people too.
One of the Doc's there performed a surgery for one of my babies a couple years ago. She does work with the shelter too. Doc. Gretchen S. is her name

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Another vet:

Dr Syed at The Pet Doctor. I have been using him for 9 years! I love him to death. He is general practice and where i would take any of my cats for treatment.
I take the ferrets to more specialized vets like Parkview or N. Gratiot.

Dr. Syed is a kind hearted loving man who has gone WAY out of his way to help me over the years. He even came out to my house one with a vet tech to do shots for me. He is located on Hayes just south of 19 on the East side of the road. Prices are VERY reasonable.
The # is 586-286-4044.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(sandman @ May 1 2003, 07:50 AM)shandog,
good luck

THAT'S WHERE I GOT MY KITTIES FROM!!! wow! small world!

and yes,kitties can get colds. oh, those poor little guys in that storm last night! i'm so sad! but they're inside and getting better now, right? lotsa love for the furry guys!

if it's any consolation, when i left yesterday at 1pm, stinky got locked in the closet until 10pm when i finally came home. goofy little ba*tard.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
where is north gratiot vet?
and snowmaker, don't say on north gratiot...lol!

when mr meowgi wasn't peeing a few months ago, i took him to Cats Vetrinary on Gratiot south of Hall. It was really nice and dr dan was super cool and very informative.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.