Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my name and number put on the do not call list for telemarketers way back when it was first introduced.

This morning I went to a customer's house and when I came home I had three messages from low interest people and two vacation people. I get three to four calls EVERY DAY for this crap.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Al's little mind is starting to plot evil things

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Huh! We haven't had a call since.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I guess that is one advantage to not have a home phone, they never call us on our cells

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I just remarked to my wife the other day that the Do Not Call List is working great! We never get a call anymore.

This is a perfect example of a thing that needed to be legislated. Businesses would never voluntarily quit calling. Government is not all bad.

·
Registered
336 Posts
We noticed a real change when I signed us up for the Do Not Call list too. Maybe you should try it again because we haven't had a problem. Question - are you getting calls to your business line and maybe that's why you are getting all those calls? Just a thought.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I signed up twice. My business telephone is a different number and I don't get telemarketers calls there usually. The only thing that I can think of is my resume all over the world, monster, hotjobs, etc.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Once and a wile I will get a non-profit or survey call but for the most part it seems to be working for me.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Tell them firmly, but politely to remove your name and number from their calling list. By law they are supposed to. Between doing this and the do not call list I don't get them anymore. Only have purple heart calling now

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Last Saturday I actually got a telemarketer call on my cell phone!
To top it off, it was a RECORDING, so I couldn't event b!tch them out!!

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
I got a call just like that last week too!

The Do Not Call list thing has worked for us for the most part, except yesterday, for some reason I got two recorded, unavailable calls in a row. Don't call my house and turn around and tell me to call you cuz you weren't able to get in touch with me........pahleeese!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
File a complaint at the do not call registry home page. Here's a direct link to the complaint page. Do Not Call Registry

We never got a lot of calls because our number is unlisted. But I liked to respond to telemarketers (especially the pesky at&t) "I do not like to be phone solicited so I will never buy anything from your company."

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The question that is really bothering me is....

Wait for it...

Wait for it....

How in the hell do we get of the "Mad Phone Callers" call list?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts