Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just my little b*tch post.

We've got members at It Fits who decided they are too fat and lazy to continue to work out and want to get refunds, even though they signed a contract. One even said a couple months later that she had a chronic back problem and wanted a refund although there was no mention of this on the medical history form she signed. Although we would like to be nice and give refunds, it's very difficult. The business being only over a year old, 110% of the money is going for bills and if I start handing out refunds, the doors will be shut before we know it.

EXAMPLE:

"Well, I know I leased this car for a year, but I only used it for 6 months, so can I get out of the contract and get a refund?" YEAH RIGHT

"Well, I know you gave me a $300 phone for signing a two year cell phone contract, but I lost the phone, so I don't want to be in the contract anymore" YEAH RIGHT

A contract is a legal document, our's are typically only for 12 months, it's not gonna kill you to fulfill your end of the agreement. Don't try to weasel out of paying for something you agreed to by coming up with "snowmakers" (there, i used it again).

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I thought it was going to say CONTRACEPTIVE.

Attachments

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Deuce-Five @ Jul 8 2003, 12:03 PM)Don't try to weasel out of paying for something you agreed to by coming up with "snowmakers" (there, i used it again).
Hey, wait, what?

What's that about?

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
When I worked in the Weight Loss industry, the contract had a 72 hour "out" clause. Thereafter, only physician DOCUMENTED medical conditions warranted a refund.
Perhaps you could add similar language to your contract to avoid this situation from effecting you in the future.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Even if they go so far as to take you to court, you have a contract signed by THEM.

Now what's with this use of my board name? I'm still waiting for an answer. <_<

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I agree, don't give in! I am sick of people that don't want to take responsibility for there actions. They signed, they should take the responsibility and eat the loss or use the service they paid for.

Maybe I can call Comcast and get some money back because I didn't watch HBO all last month. <_<

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Contract is a contract.......they are just looking to screw you back out of YOUR $$$$$! They do have 3 business days by law to change their minds after that, they are yours. Good luck!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Doesn't anybody watch JudgeJudy anymore!!????
They don't have a leg to stand on! She'd yell at 'em for trying to welch on a deal! Call 'em "dirt-bags"!
I love Judge Judy. I'd like to bang her gavel....

The real problem is that more & more people think the world revolves around them............

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Curt, it happens at my gym all the time and NOBODY gets a refund. You are not alone in this one, every gym is like that!

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Got nervous when I started reading this thread... thought it was another "where've ya been Pam?" lol I swear I paid my bill and I'll be in there tomorrow morning bright and early! lol

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 8 2003, 11:13 AM)Even if they go so far as to take you to court, you have a contract signed by THEM.

Now what's with this use of my board name? I'm still waiting for an answer.

Going out on a limb here, but I am going to assume "snowmaker" in that context means excuse or excuses. Probably because you make up excuses for everything. Not that I agree with these terms of use.......

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(Boss @ Jul 8 2003, 01:58 PM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 8 2003, 11:13 AM) Even if they go so far as to take you to court, you have a contract signed by THEM.

Going out on a limb here, but I am going to assume "snowmaker" in that context means excuse or excuses. Probably because you make up excuses for everything. Not that I agree with these terms of use.......
but if the shoe fits - wear it.....

BINGO, just a little fun at his expense.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Deuce-Five @ Jul 8 2003, 02:01 PM)QUOTE(Boss @ Jul 8 2003, 01:58 PM) QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 8 2003, 11:13 AM) Even if they go so far as to take you to court, you have a contract signed by THEM.

but if the shoe fits - wear it.....

BINGO, just a little fun at his expense.
Yeah, but I'd like to point out that most of the time those excuses are because of Boss. She's too busy. She's too tired. She just wants to relax. <_< So it should actually be called a Boss.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts