Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people believe our future is predetermined, while others think we make it up as we go.

Does God have it all planned out for us from the day we're born, or does He simply turn us loose and let us fend for ourselves....

What do you think?

Deep...

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
My fingers dont have that much juice in them to ansewer that in depth.
God is all knowing, but we make the choices we do of our own free will. It is up to us to accept Him.

I'll just leave it at that. my belief

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I don't believe in destiny that way... I think opportunities cross our paths and if we choose to try it out, how we try it out, how long it lasts and what we learn from it are all dependent on us. The choice is ours....

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i feel like the choice is ours. our destiny...our future is what we make of it with the tools we are given.

·
Registered
657 Posts
You and all of your spirit guides and teachers write your life before you are born. Yes, sometimes the choices you chose to make can and will alter your life. But remember the choices you make may not be for your benefit only. It may be for something another person needs to learn. What you don't learn or should of learned while in this life you will surely come back and do it all over again till you get it right. Now is that deep enough for you

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree with surferchick......I think everyone of us has lessons we have to learn and in our soul we have the desires to search out people that will help us do that but each one of us makes our own choices. It's wierd...I never believed in reincarnation....but the older I get the more I see the possibilities. There are some people I meet I swear that I have known them all my life.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I believe our paths and or journeys are predetermined. However, we use "tools", as mentioned before, to make little changes to those predetermined paths or journeys which either creates more obstacles or makes the journey enjoyable. However, in the end it all ends up as God has planned for us.

I do need to admit that scientifcally I do have some interest in the truth of the Big Bang theory though.....but that is another topic altogether.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
pauligan...LOL! Yes! no coke,tho...doheny bikinis! lol!

firecracker, nicely said.

"a reason, a season, or a lifetime." i do believe some people cross our paths for a reason.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Aug 6 2003, 01:09 PM)pauligan...LOL! Yes! no coke,tho...doheny bikinis! lol!

firecracker, nicely said.

"a reason, a season, or a lifetime." i do believe some people cross our paths for a reason.
Also, to add a chapter to our life. However, sometimes those chapters end and another begins altogether....

·
Registered
184 Posts
The future's not set. There's no fate but the one we make for ourselves.
Hee hee hee.

I really think that life is random to the extent that bad things happen to good people for no good reason and we do have control over the decisions we make in life. These decisions can feed into the randomness of other people's lives. Destiny? Fate? I can't absolutely say no.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
I believe there are basics in life. We are left with certain tools in life and the outcome is how we is how we choose to use them.!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I believe, I'll have another beer!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(firecracker @ Aug 6 2003, 01:04 PM)You and all of your spirit guides and teachers write your life before you are born.
sounds like tarrot card crap

do you have a crystla ball too ?

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Aug 6 2003, 06:28 PM)Ya mean choosing to have another drink and feeling like Crap isn't destiny....

Sorry sarcastic example

As I said, choose wisely! you'll go down the right path every time......and, you won't have a hangover! 'Nough said!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts