Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you go to the store--any store: grocery, mall, drug, etc-- if you've been lounging around all day and you have to run out for something, do you bother putting make up on, doing your hair, changing out of sweats, etc? or do you just throw on your jacket and shoes and go out the door?

just curious.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
New Years Day I lounged around in the sweats and clothes Cyndi lent me the night before and HAD to go to the store...

so, rolled up sweat pants, uncombed pony-tailed hair, of course no makeup, and nice cream colored dress coat later, I shopped...

yup, I did admit this.. I don't care... I am comfortable in all of my various looks...

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Everything you described is so me. I go in sweats, running shoes, t-shirt with my very old, comfy and ugly orange sweat shirt minus one undergarment
No make-up and my hair up. I do brush my teeth, do the deoderant thing and am freshly showered though.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jan 6 2004, 11:55 AM)when you go to the store--any store: grocery, mall, drug, etc-- if you've been lounging around all day and you have to run out for something, do you bother putting make up on, doing your hair, changing out of sweats, etc? or do you just throw on your jacket and shoes and go out the door?

just curious.

I don't use make up anymore

Just throw on whatever and go.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I NEVER go anywhere without my makeup!!!!
and if my do's not right..............well you can just forget anything, I won't even answer the phone like that!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I HATE running to the store in sweatpants. It feels to free and breezy.

·
Registered
262 Posts
In this situation, sometimes tying the shoe laces is too much work so I just put on my slippers and go.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
if I were going to a Mall or something I might put on lipstick and do my hair...otherwise krogering or the fruit market or running around - comfort is the most important thing to me - could care less what anyone thinks especially early in the morning when I walk the kids to school - I cross the street in my coat and pajama pance w/my coffee in my hand - I'm real baby - what u see it what u get!!!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I always dress in whatever I want. If that's what I have on, then I usually got that way..although I do brush the hair a bit or put a hat on. Sunglasses work also!! Sweats are back in style!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jan 6 2004, 01:02 PM)I HATE running to the store in sweatpants. It feels to free and breezy.
Aye Aye free and breezy
My ex would never let me leave the house in sweats, she thought Mr. Happy was way to Free and breezy. Now I usually only do the sweats thing when I'm working out or playing at something or lounging about, just not out

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
do not really go out in public in sweats (dont feel comfortable)... actually only own one pair and Pauline has them at this moment. I am usually in a pair of jeans and sweater lounging around the house.. throw on a pair of black boots, hair in a pony and viola~ Not always looking the best, but that is what i am most comfy in....

·
Registered
329 Posts
I don't really like sweats - blue jeans and a t-shirt or sweater/sweatshirt are the way to go for the winter.

Makeup - only if it's on days I work (except Saturday) or if we are going somewhere where I think I might need it. If it's summer - no make up - sunshine gives a nice complexion.

Hair - Always combed - not necessarily done up, but combed and if it's really unruly, in a pony tail.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
man, i dress up so much for work when i don't have to be 'on' i LOOOOOOOOVE to look like a slob! lol! hair up, sweats or pj's on....ahhhhhhhh!!! i rarely wear make up on those occassions, even if i have to run into hudsons or something. take me as i am!

i've obviously gotten quite comfy around you peeps, as more and more of you are seeing me that way! hee hee hee! long live my lt blue and my pink track suits!!!!!!!!

my brother always takes it one step further. he'll on purpose look like a slob when he goes car shopping or shopping for high end stuff because he WANTS the sales person to think he's a slouch. then when they find out he's got the bucks, they change their tune and he changes his mind and goes with the salesperson who treated him normal no matter what.
what a goof.

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(samson @ Jan 6 2004, 12:02 PM)I NEVER go anywhere without my makeup!!!!
and if my do's not right..............well you can just forget anything, I won't even answer the phone like that!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jan 6 2004, 11:58 AM)New Years Day I lounged around in the sweats and clothes Cyndi lent me the night before and HAD to go to the store...

so, rolled up sweat pants, uncombed pony-tailed hair, of course no makeup, and nice cream colored dress coat later, I shopped...

yup, I did admit this.. I don't care... I am comfortable in all of my various looks...

My sick daughter probably thinks I'm insane from all the laughing coming out of this room! Love the cream dress coat
Gives it a bit more classy look.

My hair is always a mess.....
....But, I'll go to any store, meaning grocery, Nino's or the fancy Somerset w/o fixing myself up.....I figure I have enough charm I don't need to get all fancy-panced up all the time
(j/k, but my oldest thinks I'm a nut. i even catch her laughing WITH me)

The only rule I have is blue jeans, but I'll wear any ole shirt

# ONE RULE: REAL MEN DON'T WEAR SWEAT CLOTHES IN PUBLIC. It's like saying, "LOOK! I have something big enough to flap in the wind. Can you see it?"

Good subject! Now I won't feel so embarrassed the next time I run into someone at the store.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(tsunamihart @ Jan 6 2004, 12:15 PM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jan 6 2004, 01:02 PM) I HATE running to the store in sweatpants. It feels to free and breezy.
Aye Aye free and breezy
My ex would never let me leave the house in sweats, she thought Mr. Happy was way to Free and breezy. Now I usually only do the sweats thing when I'm working out or playing at something or lounging about, just not out
Plus, there's no good place to put your wallet. <_<

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Jan 6 2004, 12:56 PM)....
# ONE RULE: REAL MEN DON'T WEAR SWEAT CLOTHES IN PUBLIC. It's like saying, "LOOK! I have something big enough to flap in the wind. Can you see it?"
how else are we supposed to advertise for later on saturday nights?

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
I've been getting more relaxed with going to the store a little more comfy. The mall or whatever, I wear jeans and put a little make up on, but other than that, I just get up and go. If my hair is messy, i'll put a bb hat on or up in a pony tail. There was a time I wouldn't walk out of the house without some makeup on.

The only time i was extremely embarrassed was just recently. i was putting the christmas lights on the house and i had on a pair of sweats that were too short, white socks and a pair of off white slip on shoes. I was in such a rush to go to ACO to get some more garland and lights, i hopped in the car and off I went. I started walking up to the store, looked down at myself and about died!
I looked like a homeless person! I rushed in and out without looking at anyone!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I don't bother gett'in all purtied up either. Au~Natural!
Weekend- run aroung to Kroger, Target, mall..etc. in my comfy running pance and long sleeve T, usually a baseball hat or visor.
Summer hardly ever wear make-up. Hair is usually tied back or in a hat on the boat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I lounge around at home in sweats, but just can't make myself go out in public with them on. So, I do the jeans AND makeup thing even if I just need to run down to the corner mart for milk...unless it's summer and I have a nice dark tan

But the other morning, I drove my daughter to the bus stop, wearing just slippers on my feet, and after the bus left, decided I'd run to the gas station for cigs...so that's how I went: jeans, make-up and slippers! Luckily there were no other customers to notice!

Wendy

1 - 20 of 30 Posts