Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my new company dosen't offer short-term disability or life insurance. i'm debating on whether to get it elsewhere.

does your company offer it?

what's your opinion?

in regards to the life insurance, i have a very small, personal policy. since i'm single with no dependents or assests, i'm not sure i'll be purchasing an additional policy.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I have both through my work....it's not much either....your company is cheap. Sorry, Julie.....See what Instigator can hook you up with.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I have Short and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance x10 times my yearly salery...

Ya just never know....

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Short & long term both with buy-ups multiplied times my yearly salary.

You need to look at the cost vs. what you'd lose for missing a week or two - god forbid something happens.

·
Registered
713 Posts
We have short term and in fact I just used it
12 weeks full pay for maternity leave

next year it's up to 26 weeks full pay depending on how many years with company

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Nov 11 2003, 01:28 PM)I have both through my work....it's not much either....your company is cheap. Sorry, Julie.....See what Instigator can hook you up with.
Thank you for thinking of me, Lisa!

While both coverages are important, I would say your priority should be on a basic Life Insurance policy for right now. I've got a database of the BEST carriers out there I can ask for bids from! I've done this for many LSCN members! (references available on request!
)

Short Term Disability (STD) is best only when provided by your employer. The insurance company uses your employer and medical info to qualify you for benefits. When you purchase a policy on your own, it is VERY difficult to collect on! I would recommend setting up a seperate savings account & just putting $ in THAT every pay check.

My PROFESSIONAL .02!

OR, like Lisa said, it IS very inexpensive for your company to offer. Let's setup a meeting with your HR person!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
thought this post was about physcial ones , was going to say every morning when i wake up and bones crack and iam moven slow ..
getting
old sucks!!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
QUOTE(excalibur al @ Nov 11 2003, 03:03 PM)hmmmmmmmmm ive been disable all my life .now what do i do.
You're screwed! That's what they call a "Pre-existing condition"!!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob20 @ Nov 11 2003, 03:21 PM)thought this post was about physcial ones , was going to say every morning when i wake up and bones crack and iam moven slow ..
getting
old sucks!!!
Me, too~

Good luck, Julie....Looks like Steve can set you guys in the right direction~

1 - 11 of 11 Posts