Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I just thought I'd let you all know that the BRBD (aka steve) drives the bus because he likes to, but also because it's an income, or at least supposed to be.

BRBD is responsible for filling the gas tank with his own money. He is responsible for cleaning up all messes after a night out with the bus, making sure it's in great order for the next run (this could take several hours). he also brings his own cooler filled with beer and ice to share with the riders who didn't bring their own or run out. he drives a bunch of noisy, annoying drunks around. he CAN'T drink with the rest of us.

BRBD WORKS FOR TIPS (no hourly pay involved). When i first rode the bus, announcements were always made to tip the bus driver. I NEVER LEAVE THE BUS WITHOUT TIPPING and neither should you.

EVERYONE who steps foot on the bus should remember to tip him (and tipping at the beginning of the night would be much nicer...sometimes people spend all their money and have none left to tip at the end of the night.) As a SUGGESTED tip, I think a MINIMUM of $5.00 PER PERSON is a good start, especially compared to the cost of a drunk driving ticket. Or better yet, the entertainment on the bus is at least worth that. I can't imagine driving my own car and having as much fun as I do on the bus.

these are my thoughts that were inspired by....

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
good post!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts

Great post, Julie.

and appreciate the BRBD!!!!!!

G

·
I here declare a minimum tip amount..........$10.00 dollars.

Still is a very cheap price to pay for drinking and being rowdy on the way to an event. Try to to take a limo or taxi and only pay $10.00. Can't do it.

Keep rockin the bus and pay the man.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Nov 24 2003, 08:19 AM)I here declare a minimum tip amount..........$10.00 dollars.

Still is a very cheap price to pay for drinking and being rowdy on the way to an event. Try to to take a limo or taxi and only pay $10.00. Can't do it.

Keep rockin the bus and pay the man.
i will second that ,,, motion.... plan on taking a cab the night of ginos party only 3 miles but sure it will be more than 10 dollars. with tip and all.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
tipping him @ the beginning of the night is a much better idea ~ that way we make sure Steve gets taken care of.

BTW ~ BRBD - you need to contact Mini ~ he's got a job opportunity for you

Thanks Steve for carting our drunk a$$es around all the time - you are a gem for that!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i would like to express one more thing.

it shouldn't matter what type of bus run (birthday; bar hoping; just for the heluv it; or invitation only; lscn member or not), EVERYONE should tip.

the bus ride is free, per the owners. however, that dosen't mean the BRBD get's a salary from them. this is his job.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTEDO YOU REMEMBER TO TIP YOUR BUS DRIVER

It's more fun than cow tipping.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
I 100% agree!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Not to mention that Steve is an A$$kicking good guy and one of us. It's been my experience that we always take care of our own!!!

Thanks Bro!!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
To everyone who came out thank you for going.

To the Zman from the bottom of my heart I very sorry about my drunk a$$ I had way to much to drink.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Well said DelSolCruz! I agree 100%
That Red Bus Rocks!!
Thanks to Joe & Paul! Happy B'day to Paul also!

Steve - I personally owe you a "Big Thank You" for my personal ride home Saturday night.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
In the future, I will volunteer to.

1. Decline drinking & stay completly sober.
2. Put up with all you annoying drunks.
3. Reread 1 & 2. That should be enough.
4. But wait theres more.

I will volunteer to drive the boss so Steve can be a passenger and drink himse;f stupid. All tips and any pay that I receive will be given to the BRBD. Steve I owe ya one for the TP trip.

Besides your a good guy and should experience the thrill of being a passenger.

See you Peeps later.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(CBJ @ Nov 24 2003, 01:19 PM)In the future, I will volunteer to.

1. Decline drinking & stay completly sober.
2. Put up with all you annoying drunks.
3. Reread 1 & 2. That should be enough.
4. But wait theres more.

I will volunteer to drive the boss so Steve can be a passenger and drink himse;f stupid. All tips and any pay that I receive will be given to the BRBD. Steve I owe ya one for the TP trip.

Besides your a good guy and should experience the thrill of being a passenger.

See you Peeps later.
he's gonna drive the "boss."

isn't that snowmaker's woman?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts