Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just letting everyone know that there are two docks in at the Metro Park boat launch as of today Sun. 3-20-22. The dock at the daysail ramp is not in as yet. The Black Creek is 100% open to the lake now too. A layer of soft ice is still in the boat basin closest to the launch ramp, but that should not interfere with the ride thru the Creek to the lake or into some of the canals running off of the Black Creek.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just letting everyone know that there are two docks in at the Metro Park boat launch as of today Sun. 3-20-22. The dock at the daysail ramp is not in as yet. The Black Creek is 100% open to the lake now too. A layer of soft ice is still in the boat basin closest to the launch ramp, but that should not interfere with the ride thru the Creek to the lake or into some of the canals running off of the Black Creek.
Thanks Iggy !
Does anyone know if the docks are in at Harley Ensign at the Clinton River ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do those docs have rip rap on the shoreline? I fish alone a lot and im looking for a launch I can beach a bass boat at while I grab my truck, it’s just easier than tying up. Especially in high wind

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do those docs have rip rap on the shoreline? I fish alone a lot and im looking for a launch I can beach a bass boat at while I grab my truck, it’s just easier than tying up. Especially in high wind
They removed a lot of the rip rap from the docking area, but there is no seawall in that area where the rip rap was, so I think it will work out for you to do what you want to without tying up to a dock. Should be able to pull your bass boat right up on the grass now, or up one of the concrete ramps without trying to tie up to a dock. Those ramps at Metro are not too busy either. As a matter of fact, look at the day sail ramp that is right on the lake instead of the normal boat launch ramps (follow the signs to the "day sail" in the park). That launch may be more of your likings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts