Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really getting tired of siting in waiting rooms, and there is to read is health books and Women's Day, or Good HouseKeeping. What ever happened to Hunting and fishing magazines? This country is wanting to grow the kids into Tree loving rabbit humping pansies. If they are gonna make my A$$ sit in a waiting room for anywhere from 1/2-2 hrs (more so the latter), then they need to show me pictures of things getting shot. It helps calm the nerves. What is better than reading a nicely written article about someone that took an awesome adventure that is more than likely out of our budget range, and just imagining yourself in their shoes as you read it?

If there is anyone who can answer these simple but evidently so complicated questions, please speak up.

·
Registered
164 Posts
What really pisses me off is when you only wait in the waiting room for a short period of time, but then you wait for a half hour to an hour for the doctor to come into the pateint room. One time I sat in the pateint room for so long that I walked out into the hallway and asked the nurse "did you guys forget about me", I swear I was sitting in that room for an hour and a half just waiting for the doctor.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Are there even any GOOD Hunting and Fishing magizines out there? Fur fish and Game is one of the only good ones. From what I have seen most are just a brocure for the new crap that is out there. IE the in-fisherman does nothing but push new lures, I mean for the dominant freshwater mag out there it lacks depth. only 72pages and you get like 6 a year, I dont know about yal but I think a thicker deeper Freshwater fishing mag is needed.

F&S and OL are okay but you get the sameones over and over january 2009 is pretty much identicle to jan 2008, 07, 06.....

I like the limited selection at the dentist because it gives me an excusse to check out the latest celebrity gossip

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 25 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Y'all go to the wrong doctor.
Mine has all sorts of hunting and fishing magazines, gun magazines(paper ones), and the normal wait is 10- 15 minutes. Once I get into examaning room we talk about fishing, hunting & guns.

Do they make house calls?

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've even resorted to taking and leaving my own at the doctor's office, and I swear that people take them home. I'll go back a couple days later with the other boy, and it is nowhere to be found.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(Grapes @ Jul 25 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 25 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Y'all go to the wrong doctor.
Mine has all sorts of hunting and fishing magazines, gun magazines(paper ones), and the normal wait is 10- 15 minutes. Once I get into examaning room we talk about fishing, hunting & guns.

No but his wife is a nurse/office manager, nice looking blonde, And yes she hunts and fishes too

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 25 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Grapes @ Jul 25 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 25 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Y'all go to the wrong doctor.

No but his wife is a nurse/office manager, nice looking blonde, And yes she hunts and fishes too

I'd just disappoint her.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I hear ya Grapes,
Suggestion for ya, Just take your own reading material if ya know your going.

IDEA: Take something in a brown "paper wrap",they will think you are looking at naughty pic`s when you turn the magazine vertical.

That might speed up your wait time
when your really reading a hunting magazine.

RK

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(RK4BASSIN @ Jul 25 2009, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I hear ya Grapes,

IDEA: Take something in a brown "paper wrap",they will think you are looking at naughty pic`s when you turn the magazine vertical.

RK
good suggestion.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(RK4BASSIN @ Jul 25 2009, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I hear ya Grapes,

RK

I love it!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.