Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody work at a Dodge dealership? I'm on the market for a Ram 1500 or 2500.........Any help is appreciated.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Franny works at Mt. Clemens Dodge...
and
I got BOTH of my Durangos there...I've got the BEST salesman for ya...and he's a lil hottie

Todd Trayner
He'll hook you up...tell him I sent you.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
My neighbor's brother just quit managing Grosse Pointe Dodge. I'll ask her to call Sal tomorrow and see who is a good contact person for you to go ask for. Wish Sal was still there ~ he's the man. He now does cement now (don't most Italians named Sal do cement though?!?!?!)

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll call him in the morning....I have a deposit on one up the road, but want to check for any last minute better deals....Actually been doing that the last 2 weeks, agh.

thanks for the lead!

Hey, if ya come by I'm home between 9ish a.m and 2ish p.m. He's here all the time

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Shan!

Yeah, hot Italian men and cement kinda go hand in hand.........In more ways than one

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Sep 5 2003, 12:02 AM)Yeah, hot Italian men and cement kinda go hand in hand.........In more ways than one

Had a horrible experience at that Chrysler dealership on Gratiot in Mt. Clemens a few years ago. I don't know how they sell any cars. The sales girl kept going in the back somewhere to see if the manager wanted to "come out talk to us" and would each time come back with a slightly lower price on a new car. When we tried to leave, she'd say hold on, and she'd go "see if he wanted to say hi to us" again. <_<

I've also heard that if you come in with a trade-in, they'll take it in back to look it over and give you a price, and it's very hard to get your keys back!

Girlie's parents went truck shopping last week there and got pretty poor treatment as well. If her dad wasn't dead set on a Cummins diesel, they would haver never stuck around.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Bill! Cool website. I checked their price and it turned out to be the same as what I am paying!
Maybe I did something wrong <_<

·
Registered
419 Posts
I had a real good experience at Sterling Heights Dodge up at 18 and Van ****. I worked with Kevin Kelly. My godfather buys all his trucks for his fleet there, so if you end I going there, I could PM you my godfather's name...I got a GREAT deal there!!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Each time I buy a new car, I find the one I want, test drive it, blah, blah, then I call around to all the dealerships in the area and start working the price. The other guy is cheaper, can you beat his price type of thing. Why drive all over town, when you can use the phone. My husband used to sell cars before we met and he says it's the best way to buy a new car. He always gets me a smokin deal on my cars.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Had a HORRIBLE experience at Grosse Pointe Dodge.

Went in all set to get a vehicle...sales wasn't even interested in talking to us for around 30 minutes. Finally flag someone down. By now already have an idea of the vehicle we wanted....wouldn't let us test drive until we filled out all the loan apps. After filling them out waited another 35 minutes and still no-one so we finally told the sales guy forget it. Obviously they didn't want our business. Salesman was extremely rude and hard to understand verbally. Brinik had tried them a few years before that and said that he had pretty much the same treatment then too...

·
Registered
612 Posts
If you dont mind driving check out Richmond Chrysler Dodge on main street. Ask for Joe Oresti and tell him Dno sent you. I've been going to him for years. Great guy, no pressure and they have a lot of trucks as they sell to a lot of farmers. I just got a PT cruiser for my wife a month ago.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Give John Caldwell a call , he is the new car sales mangager at the Dodge dealership on Vandyke in between 696 and 12 mile.
Glad to see your looking at the Dodge trucks. Don't even waste your time on a 1500 , go right for the 2500.
The Hemi is a good motor but gets terrible gas mileage.
If you can go with the Diesel. the new ones are quiet and don't smell.
I've got an 01 2500/Cummins (with a few modifications) and on the freeway get 22-23mpg and just last weekend towing my boat back from Grand Haven at 75-80mph got 15mpg. Once you go to a diesel you will never go back !

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Thank you for all your help~! I decided on a 1500 SLT Sport from Meadowbrook Dodge. Going with the Hemi, 3crabs isn't too happy with my choice. I couldn't find what I wanted with a diesel and I couldn't turn down the 0% financing. Next one will have a h/o diesel, for sure. Heard they are fast.

Total chick truck, flame red, hard tonneau cover (matching color), ground effects, step bar (the round ones), electric moon-roof, 4X4 with the 20'' wheels! Can't wait for Monday~!

Saleena, I called your man, Todd! He was way cool and really tried to help me, but they didn't have what I was looking for. I'd see him next time around, for sure. The guy I dealt with here wasn't bad himself (for a salesman, lol).

Again, Thanks all you lovely people! Happy Weekend and enjoy JN2~!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Didn't see her reply before I wrote!

I sold Chry-Jeep-Dodge's for 2.5 years, and my advice to you is, if you can wait til the last few days of the month, they will be very desperate to get a few last deals. I'm not sure about the fact that you have a deposit down already, if you had them order it for you, you might be out of luck. You can always "say" you went to another deal and they offered a few bucks cheaper with a few less down. $10 or $15 is about what they may go for. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
SALESMAN TOLD ME SAME THING WAIT TILL END OF MONTH AND YOULL GET BETTER DEAL . WHEN WE BOUGHT OURS.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
HEMMI ! MADE IN MEXICO

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Put my deposit down last week...was the end of the month.....I got him to knock of some $$$. I'm trying to buy American made, but can't help they send the work to Mexico
I wish they would bring it all back home for our people. Maybe one day, things will change.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Sep 4 2003, 11:01 PM)I'll call him in the morning....I have a deposit on one up the road, but want to check for any last minute better deals....Actually been doing that the last 2 weeks, agh.

thanks for the lead!

Hey, if ya come by I'm home between 9ish a.m and 2ish p.m. He's here all the time

I can give you the best deal BUY A CHEVY truck atleast test drive one I got the DODGE employee discount and I BOUGHT a $hitty DODGE NEVER again 5 trans BENT THE FRAME 3 power sterring pumbs 1 rear end. 27,000 later I sold it. That was the best day of my life

If you don't get the employee discount save your self the nightmares forfit your deposit and go get a chevy. Take a pole from former dodge owners you will find most will dodge the dodge and go with a ford or chevy.

In the quad cab dodge sit in the front seat then don't movethe seat, then get in the back seat you won't fit it's got room for a 5 year old. don't buy the premium sound system. the sales person will have you listen to the sound system in another car not the truck then tell you its the same as what will be in your truck don't believe him listen to it in the same type of truck you are buying. it's poor skip the factory radio ($710) and go to car tunes and a good radio. I'm not a chevy or ford fan just I speak from a standard upset dodge truck owner. Alos chevys 1/2 ton frame is stronger then the dodge 3/4 ton.

Call any Trans shop and ask them what they think of a Dodge trans, any trans shop and they will tell you the truth. they cost over $2700 to rebuild a chevy about $1200 to $1500.

some one please correct me when I make a mistake or second me about the truth.

Also rust proof my A$$ ask a few Dodge owners who might have owned both a (chevy or Ford) and a Dodge don't take my word please ask around.

Please test ride a Ford or Chevy Also ask about Mexico Steel. It's not the same a

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WOW~Cpeglegg! Which truck, year & model did you have?

I am using the friends & family discount.....it helped a little.

As for the trans.....That is what 3crabs has been doing for 25 years now. If there is a problem, THEY will be fixing it though and they won't be pulling anything over me.

Thanks for the heads up on Dodge.........keeping all thoughts in the back of my mind before I sign on Monday.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts