Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
QUOTEi could be wrong but i believe the doe tag is only good on the private land that you provided the phone number for

He's asking if a Public doe tag is good for private land and I do believe that it is as long as it is used in the same DMU.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Oct 30 2009, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i could be wrong but i believe the doe tag is only good on the private land that you provided the phone number for

private land doe tags for zone 3 can be used any where in zone 3 on private land only. its called d.m.u 486 it is all of zone 3 except macomb st clair wayne and monroe co,s i just cant find where it says that public land can be used on private for the same d.m.u.s

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Oct 30 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(wallysteve @ Oct 30 2009, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i could be wrong but i believe the doe tag is only good on the private land that you provided the phone number for

private land doe tags for zone 3 can be used any where in zone 3 on private land only. its called d.m.u 486 it is all of zone 3 except macomb st clair wayne and monroe co,s i just cant find where it says that public land can be used on private for the same d.m.u.s

You CANNOT use private tags for public land or public tags for private.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I would assume that you cannot. It would defeat the purpose of how the DNR is trying to manage the herd if you start mixing the tags up. I would not use it that way Dr.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
From the Antlerless Hunting Guide 2009:

"A public land antlerless deer hunting license is valid for taking antlerless deer from public lands (including state, federal and county lands) open to hunting within the deer management unit specified on the license or upon lands within the DMU that are enrolled as Commercial Forest Lands.

A private land antlerless deer hunting license is valid only for taking antlerless deer only from any privately owned lands within the deer management unit specified on the license with permission of the landowner. To purchase a private land antlerless license, the phone number of the landowner is required. A private land license is not valid on public or Commercial Forest lands."

Seems pretty straightforward that no crossover is allowed... I agree that would go against the DNR's management plans.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Nov 3 2009, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can a private tag be used on a doe in the same zone but different landowner since there number is suspose to be printed on the tag

Well it says "any private land within the DMU with permission of the landowner"... so I would say yes but make sure you have written permission with the phone# if it's not the one you used to get the tag.... my guess!

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Nov 3 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can a private tag be used on a doe in the same zone but different landowner since there number is suspose to be printed on the tag

yes it can in dmu 486 witch is all of zone 3 except st clair macomb monroe or wayne cts...for example i have a private land tag for lapeer county if i have access to private land in jackson county i can use it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts