Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a question about SAD (you know the seasonal depression thing). How do you guys keep yourselves from getting this during the winter? Insomnia is starting to hit, otherwise I think I'm doing okay. Of course insomnia is always the first thing to hit. What can I do now to keep from getting a really bad case?

Traveling is kinda out of the questions right now.

Any ideas would be AWESOME!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
You've got ALL those DVDs. I say watch those, or get an XBOX.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Treatment

Light therapy for varying periods of time under special bright light seems to make the symptoms subside. However, the symptoms usually reappear when the therapy is discontinued. Full-spectrum fluorescent light is being investigated as a treatment.

Seasonal Affective Disorder

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Used to get it every winter.

Best cure.........................

Hangin' with a bunch of crazy peeps from LSCN. Gauranteed to beat the blues.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Captain Morgans helps, hapiness in a bottle - however it's a temporary fix!!!

I was feeling that way yesterday, went to the gym for the first time in about 2 months
and will try to keep at it.... gotta start working on the bikini body

For me at this time of year, I usually can't get enough sleep zzzZZZZ.

Looking forward to Tip-Up-Town!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I agree with Fitchick EXERCISE get those endorphins going also maybe go to the tanning booth a couple of times (not the healthiest thing) but try the high pressure beds. Or take on a project, paint something or take up a hobby.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Mary,

P-29 gets cannot sleep for about two weeks twice a year. I wouldn't consider it "depression" but I do think it is caused by too much going on at once, which you have also. During these times he does take an over the counter sleep aid but nothing too strong.

I hope this helps.
Sarah

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
So, is that how you beat it, Goose?

Let's see, I have a picture of Goose's butt somewhere, and now I have a picture of a dildo, ... what can I possibly do in Photoshop? Hmmmmm...... <_<

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Exercise is for healthy people.

I agree with Jack, about the light, but its suposed to be sme special kind.
How ever I also agree with Samson and Boat chick.

How ever I recomend finding somebody who is worse off then you, then make fun of them, laugh it them. Homeless people are good targets, just approach their box early in the morning, so yuo have the element of surprise then poke him with a stick to wake him and then dangle fast food and booze in font him. Then skip off cackling really loud and saying its good to be rich over and over.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
cbj, for the love of god!
i just busted a gut! you are soooooo wrong!!!!!!
but insanely funny, so i know i'm going to hell for that!

ladybug, pamper yourself. take a second, and breathe. regroup your thoughts. check into the light threapy, and maybe get a massage.... ahhhhh! i think some salons have these 'sensory' machines. it's like a big egg, and your head sticks out, but inside is various light therapy and aromathreapy. it's pretty cool!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the input all!

AJU - thanks for the article I did get something out of it!

Mrs P29 - I might try that for tonight. Past week of sleep has been very bad!

CBJ - Maybe I'll try Shooters on Tuesday night instead of yelling obsenities at a homeless person living in a box. But, great suggestion!

Goose - Now I know how to solve it! Thanks
You be sure to tell Convincor now.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jan 12 2004, 12:30 PM)check into the light threapy, and maybe get a massage.... ahhhhh! i think some salons have these 'sensory' machines. it's like a big egg, and your head sticks out, but inside is various light therapy and aromathreapy. it's pretty cool!!!
Does anyone know of anyplace who has/does this type of massage? That might be the ticket along with the full spectrum light. Thanks CK!

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(Ladybug @ Jan 12 2004, 12:36 PM)QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jan 12 2004, 12:30 PM) check into the light threapy, and maybe get a massage.... ahhhhh! i think some salons have these 'sensory' machines. it's like a big egg, and your head sticks out, but inside is various light therapy and aromathreapy. it's pretty cool!!!
Does anyone know of anyplace who has/does this type of massage? That might be the ticket along with the full spectrum light. Thanks CK!
Ill do it for $20.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts