Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions on something kewl for our groomsmen in our wedding? Has anyone ever received something that was petty sweet for standing up in someones wedding? Open to suggestions... we have a few ideas, but thought the cleverness of this board would broden our ideas...thanks.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
We gave money clips engraved with their initials.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I've gotten gift certificates, a weekend for 2 get away at a nice B&B, even got my boat tank filled w/gas! Depends on what you wanna spend. It's all good, the peeps that are in the wedding are there for you, not a gift.

·
Registered
419 Posts
i've stood in two, and my favorite gift was a really nice flask. the best part about them was that my friend got them engraved, but not with our initials, but with our nicknames. i thought that was the coolest.

the other gift i got was a business card holder with my name engraved on it. it was nice as well, but guys always like flasks:D

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
my brother's fav was a flask engraved with their nicknames, too! wow!

a friend of mine, as a gift, gave 2 tickets to a tiger's game to each of his guys.

another gave a 5x7 frame with a pic of the groom w/ groomsman from a previous outing (bar night, camp trip, ball game)in it engraved with 'thanks, man'

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
Got a Mag-lite set for standing up in one, a Leatherman (multi-use pocket tool) from another, gift certificate to a store I like from another. My set it up so he and his groomsmen are going to go skydiving together!

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ May 22 2003, 02:57 PM)QUOTE(Taxman @ May 22 2003, 01:56 PM) ROUND TRIP TICKETS TO AMSTERDAM

Can I stand up too? lol

Mini
WE COULD JUST BE THE AMSTRDAM TOUR GUIDES

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hey MananaII

They have great Flasks Kits at Brookstone, Lakeside Mall. They come with a flask, small funnel and shot glasses. Great Gift!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(mirth @ May 22 2003, 02:11 PM)Hey MananaII

They have great Flasks Kits at Brookstone, Lakeside Mall. They come with a flask, small funnel and shot glasses. Great Gift!
I've got that one. It leaks. <_<

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've received engraved pen/pencil, stien (mit der flipper topper),travel clock, letter opener. The easy way is to get everyone the same gift..but, you could give everyone the same small gift but also one that is more personal between you and each individual. Engraved travel clock we all recieved, the pen set still use kept in my check book so far lasted 12 years (Waterman). It is nice to get a gift that matches the person/friendship that you have. .02

cheers
Tony

Lap dance or two never hurt either

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(mirth @ May 22 2003, 06:11 PM)Hey MananaII

THANKS- I WILL GO THERE AND CHECK THEM OUT!

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(damn yankee @ May 22 2003, 03:13 PM)Hey Taxman I lived in the Netherlands for 3 years. Anyone needs a tour guide, look me up...
LETS GO!!!!!
LSCN BOYS WEEKEND!!!!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
.357 magnum's are always nice.

if they are christians,..... a gold cross for a necklace

i once got a gold buisness card holder, pretty cool.

waterford cryslai is alway nice !

Monogrammed Mug / stien's

nice watch, not too $$$, pending how many groom's men

all guys could use nice travel kits, tommy ect....
razor, aftershave, cologne ect...

nice glass pitchers, for iced tea, beer ect... with your wedding date thanking for sharing your wedding day, ect....

nice desk set, nice pen & pencil

beneficiary on your life ins, 401k plan ect....

if golfers, nice rain gear sets

jello shots

i also got a nice paper weight, with a ship inside it.

also got a of night lights, lighthouses and ships

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
For ours I gave Cool Hand blown steins....haven't seen them since. Didn't get one for myself.

I have received:

Engraved Pewter flasks with their family crest

Pewter Shot glass engraved appropriately.

Mugs and Pitchers.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
We are giving a set of cool shot glasses and an engraved peuter flask. Got most of it from Thailand when Ed was there, but there is a place that specializes in engraved gifts in Oakland Mall.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts