Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
I dont knot boo about them, but I keep thinking that I need one with all the dust in my house from the main road right there. It's a nightmare. I want to look into the one from that commercial on TV that Sharper image has, but I dont know much about them other than it's $400, but if it works, what the hey? Why dont you buy one, and let me know how it works so I can then get one knowing it's a good product.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I bought one I think it's called Flair or something like that.
It has an ozone generator in it.
I bought it from that guy that's always at the boat shows.
It's expensive but works really well. I'll cook fish in the house and it takes the smell away pretty quickly.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Enviracaire is a good one. Honeywell makes it, It has a good filtration system in it !!Ive had mine for years and love it!!I paid $120 for it back then at ABC Warehouse.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already have one installed, it just stopped working! I can't seem to figure out why & hoped someone knew something about them & could help me out! Or, know of some else who does.

It is a Trion TTM Max5 2000 441500-001

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
We have like a portable one, it sounds like you have a built in one so I don't know if this will help, but there are 2 different filters on ours and if one of them gets clogged, it will stop the whole thing from working.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i too need one. my vacuum is one of those environvacs, and i know that it sucks!
highly recommended!

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Aug 28 2003, 04:36 PM)We have like a portable one, it sounds like you have a built in one so I don't know if this will help, but there are 2 different filters on ours and if one of them gets clogged, it will stop the whole thing from working.
Yeah, it's built in on top of the furnace. It has 2 different kinds of filters that I put in the dishwasher every month.
The unit has power to it & the INPUT light comes on when the blower kicks in, but the CLEANING light doesn't come on & it doesn't go KRACK! KRACK! KRACKLE! KRACK! like it used to.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Did it just start after you cleaned the filters? If so, pull the filters back out and make sure they are sitting in there correctly. I use to have one at my last house and the filters had to be in there just right or it would not work. Also, if I remember correctly, there are small contacts that have to touch the filters in order to charge them. If the contacts are dirty, that may be your problem. Good luck.

·
LSCN Sponsor
142 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Aug 28 2003, 08:33 PM)I already have one installed, it just stopped working! I can't seem to figure out why & hoped someone knew something about them & could help me out! Or, know of some else who does.

It is a Trion TTM Max5 2000 441500-001
Now keep in mind I am just a heating and cooling salesman, not a repairman. I would guess that if you have power going to the unit but the filter is not working since you put it in the dishwasher you probably either broke one of the ionizing wires or shorted one of them out to the collection plates. That usually is the culprit. Although the manufacture says to put them in the dishwasher its very hard to put them in w/o damaging the wires. A better way to clean the collection plates w/o the dishwasher is to use Fantastik household cleaner. Spray it on and rinse it off. It does a good job of deionizing the collection plates. Anyway check out these things and hopefully you are able to solve your problem.

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts