Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a place along the coastline of LSC to take my shepherd swimming. Preferably somewhere between SCS and New Baltimore area but am willing to travel further. My buddy told me across from Algonac SP but that is a little far as I live in Chesterfield. I've lived within a mile or so of the lake most of my life and it never really dawned on me to try and find a place to let my dog play in the water until I recently bought my Shep. Most of the parks don't allow pets and I'd like to keep her out of the spillway behind Eddie'd Drive-In. All I really want to do is take her somewhere to fetch the tennis ball in the water for a half hour or so. I didn't think finding a place would be such a problem but it has been. If not, anywhere inland? Thanks for reading my post.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
public acess on m 29 go off to the side behind party store as not to get in way of people launching..

Also right next to lake crest motel there are some small apts you can pull in there and let him swim people dont say anything that live there ever.

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
it might be a little polluted (you'd have to check) but there's a great stretch of the clinton river along the bike path just north of metroparkway.

you can access the bike path in church parking lot on the southeast corner of harper and union lake road.

it also might be too long of a drive for you from chesterfield.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is really inst a good place to go along the shore. If you have a boat that is a different story. I live on a canal so I get to take my dogs out on the lake. However, I still go out to Bloomers. Iy is a great park in Rochester located at the end of JohnR. It is a great place to go. There is no water but you can go to the city building of Chesterfield off of Sugarbush. That is a pretty good place. If your dog is frendly you can go to the dogpark in Mt.Clemens, that is a pretty cool place also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts