Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK peeps. Almost all of you know by now that I am in the process, the long and slow process, of opening a pre-purchase survey company. I have been planning to use the name Dolphin Marine Services after my accountant checked that the name was not registered 2 months ago. Today I found out that there is a gentalman in Farmington Hills that owns that registered name for a company. He does filtration and purification systems on commercial vessels. He said that I can use the name with no problems. I would then register Dolphin Marine, Inc. with no services in the name, but I could add services on printed material and he would have no problem with it.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what do all of my cyber peeps think I should do?????????????? Should I come up with an entirely new name or use it as it is, or knock off services?

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Actually, your name starts with an "A" so if you list in the phone book it would be one of the top names.

Al's Experienced Marine Survery

too long...

Al's marine survey "no job's too big, no job's too small--we're Al and survery crew, we'll do it all."

WAY SLAP HAPPY TODAY!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Farmington Hills is Oakland or Wayne County.
You can have the same name in Macomb county since they are only county registered. Unless he is incorporated already and then I beleive it's a state name registration
thing......are you planning on working Oakland or Wayne County? Did the Farmington dude already register in Macomb....
I'm talking DBA papers here....

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I didn't see the INC in your topic thread....sorry
anyhow, did you already go to the county clerk's office and they told you no it's taken?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
How about Cradle Robbers Marine Services?
(Sorry, couldn't resist).

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
S-corp. Both mine and his, registered in lansing. Thankyou everybody. Snowman -- you make me laugh, which is a good thing today.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(homebrew @ Apr 23 2003, 02:49 PM)QUOTE(Focker @ Apr 23 2003, 01:46 PM) HMS, Inc. ..... Hazy Marine Survey, Inc.???
I like.
I like it too. But it may be tough getting clients if your inspections are "hazy"

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Apr 23 2003, 02:32 PM)Actually, your name starts with an "A" so if you list in the phone book it would be one of the top names.

Al's Experienced Marine Survery

too long...

Al's marine survey "no job's too big, no job's too small--we're Al and survery crew, we'll do it all."

WAY SLAP HAPPY TODAY!

Hazy Marine Service sounds good to me.....I think of the horizon being hazy...not pot smokin' burn outs. Al's is too generic, though it would list you first.
Gonna have to think of a name for ya......brain is slow today

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
How about Porpoise Marine Services... For Marine service with a Porpoise!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(TheWiz @ Apr 23 2003, 03:42 PM)How about Porpoise Marine Services... For Marine service with a Porpoise!

OMG Wiz that's AWESOME!!!!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(TheWiz @ Apr 23 2003, 03:42 PM)How about Porpoise Marine Services... For Marine service with a Porpoise!

that took me a minute to get, but I like it. lol

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(Shandog @ Apr 23 2003, 03:37 PM)Well the domain dolphinmarineservices.com is available.

I'd jump on that one B4 it's too late Al
what is the cost associated with something like that?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Apr 23 2003, 03:37 PM)Well the domain dolphinmarineservices.com is available.

I'd jump on that one B4 it's too late Al
long domain name

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Apr 23 2003, 01:19 PM)OK peeps. Almost all of you know by now that I am in the process, the long and slow process, of opening a pre-purchase survey company. I have been planning to use the name Dolphin Marine Services after my accountant checked that the name was not registered 2 months ago. Today I found out that there is a gentalman in Farmington Hills that owns that registered name for a company. He does filtration and purification systems on commercial vessels. He said that I can use the name with no problems. I would then register Dolphin Marine, Inc. with no services in the name, but I could add services on printed material and he would have no problem with it.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what do all of my cyber peeps think I should do?????????????? Should I come up with an entirely new name or use it as it is, or knock off services?
Make sure is on paper. you never know , after few years

1 - 20 of 44 Posts