Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my survey from Al at Dolphin Marine and wanted to give him a shout out! He did an excelent job. He inspected every nook and cranny of that dang thing!
After searching for over a year I found a boat I liked and being new to boating I was looking for someone I could trust. Where better to look than LSCNet! Al's survey shows it's in better shape than I thought and worth more than I thought also. Its a 1977 26' Trojan F26 in good shape. The sea trial is tomorrow! I'm geeked! If all goes well with the mechanical I will be purchasing it! I got a fantastic "Year End" Deal!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
yeah hazy!!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Being a new boater I hope the only wall action I get is the good kind! Not the kind where you actually hit a wall!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Thank you so much Dean. I have looked at many older boats and yours truly is in great shape compared to the vast majority of the others. Congratulations and I'll see you out on the water!!!!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Go Al!!!!!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Cool Al - how nice! Dno gave your business an awesome two thumbs up! Keep up the good work my friend!

ps. You really should have a company web site

I know this one web designer......

·
Registered
718 Posts
dno, I use to have a 1979 F26...had it for 4 yrs. It's got to be the roomest 26' around. What engine does it have? And don't worry about a single inboard. The only problem is they don't like backing to starboard...they tend to prop walk, but you can use that to your advantage...you'll get use to it. Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BeachBum, Its a single chrysler 318 - 240 HP with 815 hrs. What's "Prop Walk" I have a lot to learn. I'm having Tango 7 (Brian) do the sea trial - mechanical survey with me today. Its good to know that someone on this board has had one of these boats. Maybe I could get some handling lessons from you if I have trouble!

·
Registered
718 Posts
dno...prop walk is when you put the trans is forward, your prop (if it's a clockwise rotating prop...and it most likely is) will have the tendency to push the back of the boat a little to the right (starboard). And vice versa when you are in reverse. You'll get use to it before you know it. You'll also be able to use it to your advantage in sertain situations. I'd be glad to give you any pointers if I can. PM me and maybe we can set something up before it goes up for winter storage(bbbrrrrrrrr)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just got back from the sea trial and everything is kool. The engine runs smooth and started right up aftrer sitting for over a year! Turns out the engine only has 616 hrs instead of 816 hrs, BONUS! Thanks for the offer beachbum, I'll attempt it myself and if I can't get it I'll take you up on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts