Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everybody. I am going to try to develop a website either this week or next for Dolphin Marine. I am not looking to develop a complicated site that requires very much maintenence. I have typical MSOffice prouducts and Adobe InDesign1.5. Everybody (web developers that I know) suggest Dream Weaver, but I know Front Page will also work as a development tool along with InDesign.

Any suggestions??

PS -- I have not had any experience with web development as of yet although I am quite experienced with tagging authoring tools.

·
12,052 Posts
A lot of hosting servers have problems with front page sites. Use dreamweaver.

Better yet, have AMS web designers do it.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shannon, AMS, Tango_7 and even a couple customers have offered any help necessary, but I want to try it first on my own.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
I use Frontpage for mine...it's Ok but Shannon says Dreamweaver is good

She passed good advise for a host site also...I still have it if you need it!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(garydebs @ Nov 27 2003, 11:15 PM)She passed good advise for a host site also...I still have it if you need it!
I might take you up on that although I think I get free web hosting with SBC as a business subscriber.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I've used FrontPage for years. Professionals are more likely to use Dreamweaver or high end Adobe, but for do it your self I thinkg FP workds just fine. Most all web hosting companies are compatible with it these days. I have an old copy of FrontPage 98 you can have if you want. The way you put together my 20 page survey in MS Word, I'm sure you'd get the hang of it quickly.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
hire shandog to help and watch her that way you can learn at same time and ask her questions.

·
LSC Raft Moderator
1,472 Posts
for the first one I would say Front page. 99.99999% of hosting will suport front page extentions. Dream weaver is better but a bit more experience is needed. Give me a call this weekend if you have questions.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Nov 27 2003, 10:10 PM)Shannon, AMS, Tango_7 and even a couple customers have offered any help necessary, but I want to try it first on my own.
dry run?

dude do it with a chic, it is alot better, if my memory serves me right

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hazy, I have an alternative for you. Consider Net Objects Fusion. http://www.netobjects.com It is very easy to learn and use. I did our company web site with it which is still under construction. Check it out at www.utauto.com.

·
Registered
612 Posts
QUOTE(dno @ Nov 28 2003, 01:17 PM)Hazy, I have an alternative for you. Consider Net Objects Fusion. http://www.netobjects.com It is very easy to learn and use. I did our company web site with it which is still under construction. Check it out at www.utauto.com.
The link to the Netfusion site is www.netobjects.com I forgot to add it so here it is.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
A word of advice, Hazy my friend.

You are good at what you do.

Web designers are good at web design.

When an amature trys to design a "personal" web site for their friends and family to view, it looks cute.

When an amature trys to design a "business" web site for their prospective clients, it looks cheezy and cheap.

Take my advice and have Shandog create your site for you. She is a VERY talented, professional graphic designer and will give you a QUALITY website.

Your marketing collateral is the last thing you want to skimp on when it comes to trying to attract new clients. They will pick up on a homemade website and immediately discard your business.

I speak from experience.

Good luck, buddy.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Al:

Mongo is absolutely right ~ your business web site is a reflection on you and your business and needs to be professionally done; this is one thing you can not and should not cut corners on! You can have all the input with regards to colors and content and flow and look and feel of your site, but it should be created by a professional, then you can go in and make changes as long as you have the software. I will be more than happy to help you with this - I've told you that a gazillion times

What you should do is come over here and watch me create your web, then you will be familiar with how to work in it. Front Page is perfect to start off with considering the familiarity of the Microsoft interface, then you can graduate up to dreamweaver.

MOST IMPORTANTY - do not sign up with any hosting provider until you contact me first. pm me if you don't have my phone #

ps. Thanks everyone for recommending my services ~ much appreciation to all of you for spreading the word!!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Nov 28 2003, 01:54 PM)OMG~Puff~you're too funny today.

How's that? That's like the first thing I've really said all day.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Nov 28 2003, 01:56 PM)QUOTE(threecrabs @ Nov 28 2003, 01:54 PM) OMG~Puff~you're too funny today.

How's that? That's like the first thing I've really said all day.

Only you would take the time to find a dolphin marine website and suggest he hack into it.....

I remember when someone hacked into the weather.com website a few years ago.....when you went to the site a picture of a Mexican on a donkey came up.....

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Nov 28 2003, 02:03 PM)Only you would take the time to find a dolphin marine website and suggest he hack into it.....
It didn't take any time. I just typed in the address and that came up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts