Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
As many of you know, for a number of years, LSCN'rs coordinated several fundraising activities to raise money to help buy toys for needs families. That last time we did this it was probably 3 years ago when we did a road rally and a breakfast with santa. It was a lot of fun, but we raised just a fraction of what RumDaddy and the moot.net did that year. Kudos to them for keeping it going! Planning the events and rallying the troops is not an easy task, but it does feel rewarding to be able to help those in need.

A few of the members suggested that we should start a collection as well, and I have no problem with that and would love to see that happen. If someone wants to collect at the party tonight for this, I think you just need to get the money in afiremen Mike's hands tomorrow morning.

If anybody wishes to donate via PayPal, we will do as we always have, and as Rick is doing, and cover the percentage that PayPal takes. Our paypal address is [email protected] We will pass the funds onto the mooters and LSCNrs who are doing the shopping, wrapping, and delivery this year.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Dec 11 2009, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As many of you know, for a number of years, LSCN'rs coordinated several fundraising activities to raise money to help buy toys for needs families. That last time we did this it was probably 3 years ago when we did a road rally and a breakfast with santa. It was a lot of fun, but we raised just a fraction of what RumDaddy and the moot.net did that year. Kudos to them for keeping it going! Planning the events and rallying the troops is not an easy task, but it does feel rewarding to be able to help those in need.

A few of the members suggested that we should start a collection as well, and I have no problem with that and would love to see that happen. If someone wants to collect at the party tonight for this, I think you just need to get the money in afiremen Mike's hands tomorrow morning.

If anybody wishes to donate via PayPal, we will do as we always have, and as Rick is doing, and cover the percentage that PayPal takes. Our paypal address is [email protected] We will pass the funds onto the mooters and LSCNrs who are doing the shopping, wrapping, and delivery this year.

If this happens, I am meeting Mike tomorrow morning to coordinate shopping efforts and I can take the money to him, I mentioned before that I have a work party this evening but I will make sure that I make it to Mariners on my way home, if it helps.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Just sent a donation and if you do not receive the money via PayPal please PM me.

Ed

·
12,052 Posts
Thanks Mike. I was involved in the beginning with LSCN and still am with CBJ and his efforts.

For anyone interested the wrapping party is Next Sat. the 19th at our house in Macomb. I offered food and drinks to everyone that helps wrap. PM for address.

In the past we have taken care of as many as 19 kids I believe and this years total is just over $1000 and growing.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
It is not to late to mail in your donation, just let me know by Pm of what you sent, so I can plan accordingly!

Send to;
Michael Glesen
36581 Hathaway #17
New Baltimore, MI 48047

And we will be helping 21 children this year!!!!!

Total collected so far stand at $1095.

That is $52.14 each child. I would like to spend $75 each child. Which means we need to receive more donations!

Thank you for your support!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Dec 12 2009, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If there are any more donations, please send before noon so that the shoppers know how much they can spend on the kiddies!

Thanks Mike, but people will have this whole weekend yet to make their donations, as most shopping will take place starting Monday! And for the folks that read this only at work, your donations will still be accepted! But Monday about 3pm will be the latest that we can accept donations!
I know this is a tough year for everyone but some families are in a lot worse condition then others! After talking with some of these families and hearing what they have been through it just breaks my heart that I, or we, can't do more for them!
Thank you to everyone for making this happen for the needy children!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
TTT for the last day to get your donations in!

Thank you everyone that have sent in your donations! We are up around $1200 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Ok, after talking with a few other members we will keep the donations coming in until the end of the week as we will have some families to shop for on Saturday! Just please and try to get them in early and let me know by PM of what you have sent in!

THANKS

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(afiremen @ Dec 14 2009, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok, after talking with a few other members we will keep the donations coming in until the end of the week as we will have some families to shop for on Saturday! Just please and try to get them in early and let me know by PM of what you have sent in!

got another $40 for you Mike that was given to Debi when people heard what we were doing. See you later to get it to you!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts