Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't let your Christmas tree turn into my avatar, keep it watered! Make sure you don't over load an outlet!
Don't leave candles burning un-attended!

You pretty much know the routine, Be safe this year!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Dec 11 2003, 04:42 PM)What about fake trees? Can you leave the lights on when you aren't home?
fake trees are less prone to cause fire, but it is NEVER a good idea to leave ANYTHING on un-attended, so NO!! Do not eave lights on while you are not at home.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Dec 11 2003, 04:41 PM)QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Dec 11 2003, 04:42 PM) What about fake trees? Can you leave the lights on when you aren't home?
fake trees are less prone to cause fire, but it is NEVER a good idea to leave ANYTHING on un-attended, so NO!! Do not eave lights on while you are not at home.

That is correct, fake tress can burn too, if there is a short in the lights!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
YES-artifical trees burn-dont ever leave lights on unattended-those artifical trees leave the most horrible black smoke/coating on everything after catching on fire-and dont wrap the light coards around the pole in the center-it creates a current feild and heats the pole up and causes fires-
Its a good idea to purchace a extra smoke detector and place it directly or close to the tree-they even make ornaments that are smoke detectors
Finally-if you can, dont place the tree in a location that will block your exits if it catches fire-pay attention not to block your hallway or staircase leading to bed rooms or even that outside exit you might not ever use-mater of fact you should clear any clutter you might have from any outside exit-you mad need it someday!

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
This is Patti (The Warden)
Just wondering - CBJ just strung up some outdoor lights
the ones with the big glass bulbs up downstairs from our
drop ceiling. The box on the lights said "Outdoor" nothing about indoor. Maybe I'm just a worry wort, we not going to leave them on for any extended period of time or anything but I'm concerned maybe they get hotter
or something as opposed to the indoor deal. Should I take them down or stop worring? I'm sorry this probley is a stupid question.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
outdoor lights..
well, if they can handle the outdoors, there should be nothing wrong indoors.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Thanks for the info! Won't leave them on at all..
The tree is in the corner of the living room, near a window not any exits and the lights are not wrapped around the center pole and there is a smoke detector right above it on the ceiling which is wired to all of the detectors in the house! I think we are ok..

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
QUOTE(afiremen @ Dec 11 2003, 02:32 PM)Don't let your Christmas tree turn into my avatar, keep it watered! Make sure you don't over load an outlet!
Don't leave candles burning un-attended!

You pretty much know the routine, Be safe this year!

1 year ago exactly, my mom had a real wreath hanging over her mantle and a candle lit on the mantle. She went to take a bath and got sleepy, fell asleep , forgeting about the candle and an hour later the dogs were barking , woke her up to flames. the wreath caught on fire and burned the house. luckly she escaped and so did the dogs but her house was pretty much destroyed, she had to live in a rental for 8 months while they reconstructed her house , she is finally back in it . The whole house got remodled it looks fabulous . It was a very scary thing that happened. Beware of lit candles!

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
Some people from Capac just lost their house yesterday or the day before due to a fire caused from xmas lights. I believe they are the owners of Cowboy's Pizza if anyone is familar with the area will know. I'm sure Rerun's cousin Jessie knows of them.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Almost had a fire at work on the tree......Corperate said get rid of it and all

decorations........SCOOGE A$$ Corperation

1 - 13 of 13 Posts