Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to meet bill this afternoon at bald mountain. He was very helpful in steering my neighbor and I into some deer and a buck. He showed us an area that we didn't even know was there. My neighbor sat there and I sat in a different spot and my neighbor saw three does and I saw my first buck of the gun season all be it to far out of range but it was a nice five point. Thank you bill and hope to get together some day and throw a couple cold ones back and talk hunting and fishing. It was very nice of you to show us some areas out there. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes we came across three all grouped together in the section closer to joslyn. There were three cars parked in between lapeer and joslyn also. One at each parking spot all on the north side. Didn't hear any booming going on in that area. Heard some in the northern areas right at dusk about four to five different shots come from that area.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
bowtie .. we did a drive off of scripps scared up something to another hunter
herd a shot around noon didnt stick around long enuff to see what he got.. there is a few fresh scrapes in that area

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just sent you a pm. I don't want everyone to know what I saw near your spot.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Nov 17 2009, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just sent you a pm. I don't want everyone to know what I saw near your spot.

with that gps device i put on your explorer i know every where you hunt so it doesnt matter.

Thanx for inviting me out to the range with you i didnt know it was there. Could not believe how hard my gun kicked with the short barrel. I am still planning on slipping over there for a coupl hours tommorrow

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Nov 18 2009, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Nov 17 2009, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just sent you a pm. I don't want everyone to know what I saw near your spot.

with that gps device i put on your explorer i know every where you hunt so it doesnt matter.

Thanx for inviting me out to the range with you i didnt know it was there. Could not believe how hard my gun kicked with the short barrel. I am still planning on slipping over there for a coupl hours tommorrow

Not a problem Sorry I couldn't stick it out on thursday and meet up there again with you. I was wet and cold so Home I went but now I have new scentlock waterproof gear for hunting. renee bought it for me so I wouldn't get sick and I love it dry, warm, and no foreign smells emitting from my body to the deer. Man what a great invention that scent lock gear is.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
I live a mile from where you guys are talking, and I do believe all the hunters have pushed all the deer into my swamp. There are deer all over the place here. Only seen one 4 point so far, but I know there are more out there, and plenty of does to go around. Where your talking about is a great spot, just remember don't go west of the Polly Anne Trail. It's a hunt free zone from the trail over to Joslyn.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(Grapes @ Nov 22 2009, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I live a mile from where you guys are talking, and I do believe all the hunters have pushed all the deer into my swamp. There are deer all over the place here. Only seen one 4 point so far, but I know there are more out there, and plenty of does to go around. Where your talking about is a great spot, just remember don't go west of the Polly Anne Trail. It's a hunt free zone from the trail over to Joslyn.
unfortunately your right about the polly anne trail.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah if you do another drive in the area bill give me a call. I would gladly go with you guys. I had a blast driving the deer in the farmlands in marlette area with my neighbor. Hard to get used to shooting running deer but I guess I have a quick learning curve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.