Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
When do you guys like to use this technique? Some say use it when you know the fish are there (huh?) but not aggressive... would you use it in an area that had produced before if they're not hitting cranks or tubes for example? What about anchored vs. drifting? I've only tried it once for a short while, takes some patience for sure!

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(superman @ Sep 9 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When do you guys like to use this technique? Some say use it when you know the fish are there (huh?) but not aggressive... would you use it in an area that had produced before if they're not hitting cranks or tubes for example? What about anchored vs. drifting? I've only tried it once for a short while, takes some patience for sure!

I have never tried this technique. I heard about it and was thinking of trying it sometime...

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
One of my favorite techniques. I like to do it when slow to no wind. (I hate "dragging" one). It is pretty much a pinpoint technique when you know fish are there. I like to mark them on the graph and then catch em, kinda like a video game.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
QUOTE(Mini @ Sep 9 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>One of my favorite techniques. I like to do it when slow to no wind. (I hate "dragging" one). It is pretty much a pinpoint technique when you know fish are there. I like to mark them on the graph and then catch em, kinda like a video game.

lol and I thought that was just for kids! Thanks Mini - I'm gonna need a better graph I think.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
QUOTE(Mini @ Sep 9 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>One of my favorite techniques. I like to do it when slow to no wind. (I hate "dragging" one). It is pretty much a pinpoint technique when you know fish are there. I like to mark them on the graph and then catch em, kinda like a video game.

Very fun but I also love to drag it. I use a off-set worm hook (3/0) and tex-pose a senko, a fluke-type bait, and even a tube. Then throw it a mile behind the boat and drag it. If you tie the hook about 24" above the sinker, you can keep your bait just above the grass.

The dropshot is so versatile. Today in the river I was holding position with the boat and casting the rig up to a drop-off and letting it roll down and through a hole to catch my smallies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.