Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Well, I must start by saying it was one of the best dinners I have had at a fund raising event. The Filet was cooked to perfection (medium rare), and we each got a duck breast, that I couldn't tell the difference between that and the best tasting/texture porkchop I have ever eaten. It was just a fantastic 4 course meal served right to us. The company and conversation was second to none too.

Now for the prize patrol. There were prizes for all walks of life at this event. I bought a package of tickets (60 tickets for $50) for the bucket raffles, and put 1 ticket in every bucket that peaked my interest, and didn't have enough tickets for every bucket. Did I win a shotgun...no, did I win a rifle...no, did I win a muzzleloader...no, did I even win the DU pellet gun...no. What about the smoker, whipping rod, goose decoys, ladder stand, Duck Commander video, numerous different shogun shells, hunting clothing, even a DU necklace for my wife...To all of those prizes a powerful resounding...NO.

I didn't win the mosquito net hat or even the monkey butt talcome powder, but you can have all of those prizes, who really needs them and plenty others, when I took home 2 of the best bucket prizes that were available. I ended up snagging a dozen Green Head Gear mallard decoys, and (what I feel was the grand prize) a fully guided trip for 3 people to go goose hunting with the premier guide service graciously donated by the one and only Honker Hangers, good for the 2010-2011 season.

So to pass on my good fortunes, I invited Eddie Bauer and Chefnutz to join me on the adventure, and contrary to popular belief, I didn't have to do alot of arm twisting for them to jump at the offer. So come the middle of September next year, we will be surrounded by guys from all different walks of life coming together for a common bond...To enjoy the smell of freshly burnt gunpowder in the morning, and surround ourselves in copious amounts of feathers and blood.

So in parting, I would like to thank the Blue Water Chapter of Ducks Unlimited for a great evening, and for putting on an excellently organized event.

Now to figure out how to get this damn smile off of my face. It's starting to hurt after sleeping with it all night.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Congratulations grapes, sounds like a great package.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Way to go Mike. You got some great prizes. Was Don and Troy there?

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Toothy Grin @ Sep 19 2009, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Way to go Mike. You got some great prizes. Was Don and Troy there?

Don was, and Troy was home playing Mrs. Doubtfire

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Are you still smiling Mike?

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Sep 21 2009, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How cool is that???

Is that blood and feathers I smell?

probably, since we know yoy love the smell of burnt powder already.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.