Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got fired today for telling a coworker that another coworker told me that our positions would be outsourced by the end of the summer. <_< I guess someone must have overheard this conversation.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
looks like managment is trying to keep something hush-hush.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
that's BS! just for gossip? people do that crap all day long, and most of it is heresay. Michigan is an at will state for that stuff but, I'd look into legal action.

·
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, needless to say I'm looking for a job, if anyone has any ideas or openings available please let me know. I am currently looking for a full time day job doing ... whatever.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
cassie!! i could desperatly use some temporary daytime help!!!!
pm me your #!

i got fired from fisher wallpaper & paint back in '89 or '90 because a co-worker lied to the boss and told him that i just up and left in the middle of the day to go on an interview. she was very jealous of me (for god knows whatever reason) and made up the lie. when i came in the next day, i was like, 'where's my time card?' and the boss just SCREAMED at me about what i (supposedly) did, didn't give me a chance at talking, and as i walked to the door i saw the girl who lied and took it all out on her.

the boss overheard it, and guessed i wasn't lying afterall and she got canned a couple days later, too. needless to say i took the other job (an office job) and made more money.

chin up, chicka!
we'll help ya!

·
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CK - Will do!

County Mounty - I have no idea what I'm looking for except that I don't want anything dealing with customer service. (They are so mean!
)

Pretty much my only requirements right now are full time, daytime, and hopefully benefits.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The law firm I work for has a couple openings in the corporate department. They are looking for two full-time secretaries. Monday - Friday with full benefits. I've been here a couple of years and the people are very nice. If you are interested PM me and I'll give you the office manager's name and number.

Keep your chin up. Things will turn around for you. I'm sure you won't be unemployed long.

·
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(CountyMounty @ Jun 24 2004, 09:50 AM)The law firm I work for has a couple openings in the corporate department. They are looking for two full-time secretaries. Monday - Friday with full benefits. I've been here a couple of years and the people are very nice. If you are interested PM me and I'll give you the office manager's name and number.

Keep your chin up. Things will turn around for you. I'm sure you won't be unemployed long.
Thank you!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
All there worried about is themselfs.and people finding out and getting a different job b 4 they let them go so they wont be left short handed.. But in there minds its not wrong for them to outsource and screw you at the last minute..

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Here is one many people are feeling, getting,....
How about because you are a qualified white male,
you are laid off, let go, to make room for a "minority" person to have the job, that may not be nearly as qualified ???????? or cannot get even hired because you were born a white male, and are qualified.

Minority:
African American Male
African American Female
Caucasian Female
Chinese American Male
Chinese American Female.....and so on

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I think outsourcing = paycuts too.
and they do it at the last minute to screw you before you knew
Like on Friday afternoon they say, "Starting Monday, you'll be working for so&so and everything will stay the same except that we have to pay so&so for you now and they need to make money too so you'll have to take a pay cut."

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
I'm sorry girl

You are really hving some bad luck this year
I'm always here to help. Feel free to call me.

·
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Kat

1 - 16 of 16 Posts